First outing

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, well our first outing in caravan this year is just a few days away and we are sooooo looking forward to it, just a 4 day jaunt to a really nice quiet site, it’s called New lodge farm and it’s near Corby, we just wanted somewhere local ish to chill for a few days, bought the van home from storage and washed and spruced up and all ready for take off, I always take it back to storage and then leave to go away straight from the storage site then you don’t have people actually see you leaving, might not make a massive difference if any low life doesn’t see us go but to quote tesco “every little helps” it’s odd when you think about it, we’ve been caravanning for around 7 years and tenting for 10 years before that yet the first trip of the year always fills us with excitement, actually it’s probably not just the first cos the excitement isn’t much less with every trip that follows, so fingers crossed this weather holds, it’s looking promising but come rain or shine we’ll have a ball, have a great season one and all.

BP

May 24, 2014
Visit site
For me, the years seem to fly by, until a book a pitch somewhere, then oh, that month before you go drags on forever.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
We’re mostly last minute bookers, I’m not fond of booking too far in advance, we have got a couple of things booked for later in the year but we love just going on the spur of the moment.

BP

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Beehpee said:
We’re mostly last minute bookers, I’m not fond of booking too far in advance, we have got a couple of things booked for later in the year but we love just going on the spur of the moment.

BP

Hope that you have an enjoyable trip. Rather envy anyone that can just pack up and go when the forecast looks good.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
BP we just love to get away as we can as I am now an Artic blonde and get away during the week. But why does it always raain during the e
Week. KEV have you rules on this. ?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
BP we just love to get away as we can as I am now an Artic blonde and get away during the week. But why does it always raain during the e
Week. KEV have you rules on this. ?

Oh yes :p
this year I have programmed rain for weekdays only, just look at the last bank holiday i stayed home and you were all covered in sunshine.
It will be the same for the up coming one as well.

BUT when I do get the chance to eventually get away (Still nothing booked :( :( ) it will be glorious all weekend :kiss:

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Kev, as it appears that you have a direct line to the rain gods, any chance you can have a word in his shell and sort out late June and July please. Its ok if it rains for the next month but after that I would like long hot lazy days.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts