First time abroad with caravan

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
We would like to go to spain 2008 for our holidays in School holidays, Where does the ferry go from and where to in spain, and we would also like a good site that is not too far from where it docks. any help please

Jul 9, 2005
Visit site
hello, portsmouth 2 bilbao or plymouth 2 santader. playa joyel within 30ish miles of both. for better sun go to costa dorada 350 miles of easy driving. look at vilanova park.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Depends which school holidays you have in mind.

Shorter crossing give you less cost and the fun of driving down thro France - for us an enjoyable part of the holiday, and you may find the costs break even against the long ferry crossing.

Suggest you get CC Caravan Europe Volume 1 and have a good read, then do some internet homework on the ferry prices.

If, however you are thinking of half term then I guess the long haul crossing are best, as at least one will get you down to northern Spain in about 18 hours.

look at some of the other "first Time etc" posting on this forum and in the archives - there's a wealth of stuff there.

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Thank you doylie and ray s these tips have really helped me. I will get the volume 1 and also I have started to do some research on the internet thanks again foxy

G

Follow the advice given but if you are a bad sailor (or your wife) then the Bay of Biscay can be choppy at tis time of year. 18 hours of seasickness is not everyones idea of fun.

Also, how long are school holidays these days? If it is only 10 days then you are looking at quite an expensive trip. A package may be a lot cheaper, even with the hassle at the airport.

G

Sorry, misread the Post. I thought it was about the next half term, not 2008.

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I can also recomend Playa Joyel at Noja. The two main clubs can offer good discounts on ferry crossings, but Tesco can give discounts by using your club points, much the same as air miles,I am sure Diane will know all about it.

Graham W.

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Graham I will try those site because I have had a quote come back off the internet with Brittany Ferries and the price was

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts