First Time Buyers

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

The dealer is 3A Leisure in Carmarthen. They're the largest in Wales. So I think I am going to take most of the advice on here but put my trust in them regarding some of the issues. They state it has been damp checked and it is getting a full service before I get it. They have agreed to fix the heater and replace the tyres as part of that and they have a hand over session so I am not just sent down the M4.

As mentioned by someone, if I notice any damp coming through or I feel it needs a check, I can get someone to independently check it in 5 months. I have a damp meter so I think it only prudent to use it anyway, regardless of age of the van.

Thanks again.
It may be better to have the caravan damp checked within the first 30 days and not 5 months later. In the first 30 days, you cna reject the caravan without many issues. After 30 days and within 6 months of delivery you have to give the dealer one chance at a repair before rejecting.

BTW dealers hate forums like this! LOL! :ROFLMAO:

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If they have damp checked it, then they should be able to show you the damp report. This basically looks like outline drawings of the caravan sides and faces with damp readings written on the various places where it has been tested. It is not unreasonable to ask for a copy of this, along with the service report showing what they have done.
mel
Make sure the report covers the floor and ceiling as well as the walls etc

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Make sure the report covers the floor and ceiling as well as the walls etc
Strange enough many years ago when requesting such a report from a dealer that stated that they only checked the floor where it joins the outer panels and do not check the middle of the floor etc. Same applied to the ceiling. They only checked the joins and not the whole ceiling. I took their word?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It is the joints where damp gets in, so that would tell you if there was a problem, I know it can spread, but the highest readings will be at the joint.. The floor could deteriorate in other places but I have never heard of workshops checking it and it is not in the NCC list of work to be carried out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts