First time caravan owner with a project on my hands!

May 20, 2024
Visit site
Hi,

I thought I'd better introduce myself as I am sure I will have a million questions over the coming weeks and months!

My husband and I just bought our first caravan, a Bailey Senator Indiana 2006. It was a very good price, but it needs a lot of work doing to it. We were aware of this, and after watching a lot of YouTube videos, I decided to take the plunge and have a go at fixing this caravan up.

The main issue is damp (of course) - as a minimum the front end, and the wall next to the fixed bed will need re-boarding. I fully expect more areas to need re-boarding too, however there are some solid bits!

The other issue is a previous repair that I would like to improve on if possible. Another caravan rolled into this one and punched a hole through, behind where the seating area is. The previous owners have done a repair with what looks like fibreglass. It is watertight but looks awful, and they didn't tidy up the damaged board on the inside at all because it's hidden behind a seat.

Anyway, first hurdle complete, our first ever tow! Absolutely terrifying, but the caravan is now home, and the project (and stress!) begins.

May 20, 2024
Visit site
Well that I can promise, and it might be a long story!

When it comes to DIY I never really know what I am doing, but I will give it all a go with some guidance. We bought our first house last year and I've made built in alcove shelves, and done some plastering, among other things! We have a good selection of tools at least, so that's a head start.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the Forum, there’s lots of good advice avaiable to you from caravanners with hard won experience. Plus these days you have the advantage of You Tube.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. If you have problems there is always help here and you tube is often a good source of helpful videos on most jobs.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Sarah welcome to the forum may i be the first to wish you every success with your project and there is always help on here and you tube.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts