First time on serviced pitch

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Hi Sam
When we use a FSP we use a splitter on the site tap which gives you one outlet to connect hose to the Aquaroll and a spare hose outlet which we use to fill water container and watering can to top up toilet tank, you can get them in plastic or metal
Same here, ours came from Aldi. The plastic Hoselock imitation connectors are awful and lose their ability to grip and stay watertight really fast.

Reactions: Andy Norfolk
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Sam
When we use a FSP we use a splitter on the site tap which gives you one outlet to connect hose to the Aquaroll and a spare hose outlet which we use to fill water container and watering can to top up toilet tank, you can get them in plastic or metal
We got ours from Homestead caravan a Tap splitter with a shut off 1/2" x 3/4 .never had any problems .

Attachments

• 1488104349_2626.jpg
    1488104349_2626.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Andy Norfolk
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Before removing the water pipe from the tap, switch it off first and turn a tap on in the caravan while on Ext or remove the connection into the caravan first. This reduces the built up pressure in the water pipe. I think is has happened to a number of us. LOL!

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Before removing the water pipe from the tap, switch it off first and turn a tap on in the caravan while on Ext or remove the connection into the caravan first. This reduces the built up pressure in the water pipe. I think is has happened to a number of us. LOL!
I always turn the main tap off. In this instance all I did was to move the hose pipe off the grass and the connector popped off.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I found the hose connectors fitted as new on the hose and the adaptor to be terrible. Changed our to genuine hoselock connectors. Normally carry several in the van.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I always turn the main tap off. In this instance all I did was to move the hose pipe off the grass and the connector popped off.
However it would still have been pressurised which is why I suggested opening a tap in caravan to relieve the pressure. Cold shower first thing in the morning is not my cup of tea. :D

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Perhaps we're not on the same page yet.🙂

I didn't need to disconnect the hose, just move the pipe. In the process of moving the pipe which was laying on the grass, the connector shot off.

I understand that the pressure may still be in the pipe but this wasn't the cause of the problem.

Reactions: Buckman
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Perhaps we're not on the same page yet.🙂

I didn't need to disconnect the hose, just move the pipe. In the process of moving the pipe which was laying on the grass, the connector shot off.

I understand that the pressure may still be in the pipe but this wasn't the cause of the problem.
Read your post again and my mistake not reading it properly. As suggested get a water splitter anyway. This is what we bought. Tap splitter.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We bought our plastic splitters from Wilko, obviously gone now, but The Range has a lot of Wilko branded stock so may be wroth a look, they are red

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts