Water pipes

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Apparently it does not corrode stainless steel, it stains stainless steel and you end up with horrible marks on the steel.
I saw a new Truma heating element that had been fitted, when it went in it was bright and shiny, oh and working, it came out 48 hours after as the plum who’s van it was used 3/4 of a bottle of Milton’s and left it in there, the element came out black and had been eaten through killing the element, if it isn’t corrosive I don’t know what it is 🤔

Reactions: Challenger
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
As long as I have caravanned you can use Milton Solution to cleanse the water system. It shouldn’t t be left in more than 10 minutes nor should it be used concentrated. Always thoroughly flush out with fresh clean tap,water.

Can milton be used on stainless steel?

Miltons is a hypochlorite. Hypochlorite disinfectants attack stainless steel. That may explain the crunchy feel to threads and a loss of finish. We are not allowed to use hypochlorite disinfectants on stainless steel surfaces and instruments at work for that reason.

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
As long as I have caravanned you can use Milton Solution to cleanse the water system. It shouldn’t t be left in more than 10 minutes nor should it be used concentrated. Always thoroughly flush out with fresh clean tap,water.

Can milton be used on stainless steel?

Miltons is a hypochlorite. Hypochlorite disinfectants attack stainless steel. That may explain the crunchy feel to threads and a loss of finish. We are not allowed to use hypochlorite disinfectants on stainless steel surfaces and instruments at work for that reason.
The problem is that the majority of people use Milton’s like they use the pink and blue, don’t read the instructions and glug it it, then add another glug or two

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Regardless of the type of sterelising agent, there is going to be some type of active chemical, and if it can kill bacteria or other nasties, it will have the potential to injure humans and other animals if used incorrectly.

Read the instructions, and follow them to the letter. Do not assume a little bit more or longer exposure is going to be better or safe.

Reactions: stagthelad
Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Regardless of the type of sterelising agent, there is going to be some type of active chemical, and if it can kill bacteria or other nasties, it will have the potential to injure humans and other animals if used incorrectly.

Read the instructions, and follow them to the letter. Do not assume a little bit more or longer exposure is going to be better or safe.
I don’t!! 😁

Reactions: stagthelad

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts