First time on serviced pitch

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
What a palava, setting up pipes and hoses, what's wrong with a aquaroll etc. Your all turning American, they have gadgets for everything, to make you lazy. Can't beat pulling aquaroll about, meeting other like minded campers at the watering point, have a chin wag, that's the outdoors.
It’s a good job we all like and do different things, imagine how boring life would be otherwise. Anyway, I prefer serviced pitches as it makes life easier when filling up my jacuzzi and running the washing machine.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It’s a good job we all like and do different things, imagine how boring life would be otherwise. Anyway, I prefer serviced pitches as it makes life easier when filling up my jacuzzi and running the washing machine.
You might joke, at one time when we were touring France every 12. Weeks for a month at a time, Mrs H bought a portable washing machine and spin dryer, it weighed 5 kg. And took 10 litres of water to wash stuff. Worked very well.

Reactions: GaryB
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
You might joke, at one time when we were touring France every 12. Weeks for a month at a time, Mrs H bought a portable washing machine and spin dryer, it weighed 5 kg. And took 10 litres of water to wash stuff. Worked very well.
I remember seeing one advertised that was hand operated, looked a bit like a big salad-spinner

Reactions: Hutch

Tux

Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
I use the Collapez pipes
Duct tape.....my favourite universal tool
I was randomly approached for some duct tape on a campsite after some very storm weather did damage to tents. I happily obliged. I'm glad I look like the sort of bloke who carries a roll of duct tape!

Aug 4, 2020
Visit site
In a couple of weeks we're going to be on a serviced pitch for the first time. I've sourced - but not bought yet - the mains adapter for the Aquaroll but haven't made any decision about what to do about the waste pipe.

Any printable suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks
Hi Sam, I use to use the flexible grey corrugated tubing but as this didnt always empty properly have now upgraded to the white polypipe 32mm tubing you can get from any diy store. I bought about 3 2.1m lengths and a load of fittings like elbows, straights and 132 degree angles I bought about half dozen of each, this sounds a lot but believe you will need them, then when on site just use an hacksaw to cut to size and join together, the way i support the pipe from the caravan outlet is by using adjustable Velcro staps which fit in the lower awning rail to get the fall right towards the pitch drain, I made mine but now you can purchase online, just on other tip if you cut about 100mm of the grey flexible tube this fits nicely the 32mm elbow and the other onto the caravan outlets. hope this is of some help. Steve

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Thanks Steve....

If it works for you that's good but I prefer to keep things simple so I'll try the grey convoluted pipe first.

Something you may or may not have thought about with the white poly pipe is that you can get the smaller sizes to fit inside the larger sizes. So you can adjust the overall length just by how much you slide one into the other.

Thanks again

Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
Hi Sam, I use to use the flexible grey corrugated tubing but as this didnt always empty properly have now upgraded to the white polypipe 32mm tubing you can get from any diy store. I bought about 3 2.1m lengths and a load of fittings like elbows, straights and 132 degree angles I bought about half dozen of each, this sounds a lot but believe you will need them, then when on site just use an hacksaw to cut to size and join together, the way i support the pipe from the caravan outlet is by using adjustable Velcro staps which fit in the lower awning rail to get the fall right towards the pitch drain, I made mine but now you can purchase online, just on other tip if you cut about 100mm of the grey flexible tube this fits nicely the 32mm elbow and the other onto the caravan outlets. hope this is of some help. Steve
LMAO when I read this, 3x 2.1m of pipe and a load of fittings. As I said before what a palava, why complicate things, each to there own.

• Haha
Reactions: Buckman
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
LMAO when I read this, 3x 2.1m of pipe and a load of fittings. As I said before what a palava, why complicate things, each to there own.
You have no idea what you are missing! Caravan is for relaxing and not faffing around with carry water back and forth. A lot easier to connect up water and waste pipes than faffing around every day lugging containers around. Have you ever tried using a fully serviced pitch? :unsure:

Reactions: GaryB and Dustydog
Feb 13, 2024
Visit site
You have no idea what you are missing! Caravan is for relaxing and not faffing around with carry water back and forth. A lot easier to connect up water and waste pipes than faffing around every day lugging containers around. Have you ever tried using a fully serviced pitch? :unsure:
No, and I don't intend to, being of a senior age I enjoy caravaning and I don't lug containers around, don't you know some containers come with wheels and handles, you really must keep up with these modern inventions 😉

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
No, and I don't intend to, being of a senior age I enjoy caravaning and I don't lug containers around, don't you know some containers come with wheels and handles, you really must keep up with these modern inventions 😉
As you've said yourself.....each to his own.

I can understand why some folks prefer not to lug water and waste containers around despite the wheels.

The site I was in last week had a steep slope to and from the service point. Dragging 40kg of water up and down the slope wasn't a problem for me but looking at some others on site it was a struggle.

Reactions: RogerL
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have two lengths of hose to fit to the aqua roll, as I find that as I pitch up the "pitch pixies" move the tap by 3 foot away from my aqua roll.
I use two lengths of the convoluted pipe, and just peg it down, after one day the curve, in it straightens out. If not on a serviced pitch, I use two aqua rolls, change to the full one, last thing at night so we have a full roll for morning showers.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Those belong in the dinosaur age! :ROFLMAO:

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
We’ve just had four nights on a serviced pitch & it was brilliant. The only sour point is the price!

However £43.60 a night for 2 people over a Bank Holiday on a club site probably isn’t bad!

Last edited:
Reactions: Buckman

Tux

Mar 17, 2024
Visit site
I’d quite like beer hookup on the pitch. Just imagine?! Of course caravan manufacturers would have to start equipping caravans with draft pumps. Would save me having to keep moving the dog out the way of the fridge

• Haha
Reactions: GaryB
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We’ve just had four nights on a serviced pitch & it was brilliant. The only sour point is the price!

However £43.60 a night for 2 people over a Bank Holiday on a club site probably isn’t bad!
You need to look at CLs and CSs. Many now offer FSP. Where I am now near Alnwick is £25 pn inc water and electricity.

Reactions: Buckman and GaryB

TRENDING THREADS