fisher holivan eight

Apr 24, 2007
Visit site
With ref to the last topic about classic caravans I have just purchased a holivan eight to restore and pull behind one of me Triumphs. The problem I have is that I can find no info on the manufacturer(l&A Fisher)or the model. At least a date would be helpful I was told it was mid seventies but I think it may be earlier it is eight foot long and five foot wide is there anyone out there who can assist me Thanks Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ray, I can't be of much help, except to say that I believe Holivans were only made in the sixties. I've just Googled "fisher Holivan" and it brought up a picture, but not much info. It seems that there was also a manufacturer called Fischer, but the Holivan was definately Fisher. Good luck, and if you ever want to sell, give me a call.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
I remember these cute little quilted beasties!

Very small, light and narrow but had a reputation for being a tad porous.

If I`m not mistaken, and my wife tells me I frequently am, they were made outside of York somewhere, finally meeting their demise in the eighties after previous troubles.

Apr 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanks to Edmond and Angus for their replys. I have just found a fisher members club but no email but will contact by letter. I also found out that gas bottle carriers came out in 1970 although this has one fitted looking at the way it is bolted to the van and the lid hinges make it look as though it was fitted by a previous owner as a DIY, anyway thanks again I will let you know how I get on Cheers Ray.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ray - although I am not so enthusiastic regarding caravans as classic vehicles it would be interesting if you could possibly post a photo of your caravan as I have never heard of this make. Many thanks in anticipation.

Apr 24, 2007
Visit site
Ray - although I am not so enthusiastic regarding caravans as classic vehicles it would be interesting if you could possibly post a photo of your caravan as I have never heard of this make. Many thanks in anticipation.
Firstly my apologies to Emmerson who I for some reason called Edmond and to Colin ref to a photo as soon as I get out the back I will take one and post it. Cheers Ray

Apr 24, 2007
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to post a photo please

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Ray,try and get hold of the book, Caravans, The illustrated history-From 1960. By Andrew Jenkinson.ISBN 1-903706-85-8.

An informative book with loads of photos of all makes of caravan and the information about Les & Allan Fishers caravan manufacturing.

Sorry I couldnt type out the information you need out of the book that would have taken me forever (slow typist)

Hopes this helps.

Richard......

Apr 24, 2007
Visit site
Ray,try and get hold of the book, Caravans, The illustrated history-From 1960. By Andrew Jenkinson.ISBN 1-903706-85-8.

An informative book with loads of photos of all makes of caravan and the information about Les & Allan Fishers caravan manufacturing.

Sorry I couldnt type out the information you need out of the book that would have taken me forever (slow typist)

Hopes this helps.

Richard......
Thanks Richard I will try to source the book this weekend Cheers Ray

Aug 10, 2007
Visit site
Hi Ray,

We are in EXACTLY the same boat, ie just bought a Fisher 8cwt and once restored we will be towing with our Triumph!! a Herald 1200 Coupe. I have found a manufacturer of towbars and have the fitting instrucs as well, if thats any help.

Weve been searching out info for the van, but to no avail as yet. We are in Hastings East Sussex. I havent got any pics on the net yet but can email you some if it helps.

contact me on: roger@ark-supplies.co.uk

Regards

Roger Young

Aug 10, 2007
Visit site
Just read the other posts!! As I still have the original plate on the chassis, which helps! L & A Fisher were based at Walton on Thames, Surrey. My next point of reference is to go through old trade directories to see if I can find where the factory was, and, any subsequent info that may follow from that. Regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts