Fishing ?

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Don't let it worry you. Most of us will be going to bed soon but he will be up all night worried that he does not reply in some sick way to a comment.

It must be a realy sad life if all you have to do on a Thursday night is go and hve a go at strangers for getting your boyfiend kicked from a forum!

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
I could not agree more Rioja, you must be one of the sensible members of this forum. I have only been a member of this forum for a few weeks and despite having been a caravanner for quite a few more years than I care to remember, I have found the help and support of the forum quite excellent. But last night I was amazed at the carry on. It was with disbelief I read the postings from a captain kangaroo but I was even more amazed at the replies, I ask why bother to reply to statements that were obviously intended to wind someone up. Has someone wound up this captain previously? It was like watching children in the playground calling each other names. How silly.

Could another section of the forum be added where the delinquents can go and call each names to their hearts content? Then the adults of the forum wouldn't have to see such tripe

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Baz

Captain Kangaroo does nothing but log on here under different names and try to wind people up. The Mods delete his posts as soon as they can.

Because he has history, several members have fun winding him up. But the last batch of messages showed that he had lost it and decided bad language was his only way to express himself.

I think we will see less of him now as the mods delete all his posts quickly so he will not get the kick out of winding people up. You soon get use to the idiot and learn to ignore his posts and just use the forum for what it is intended for

Steve

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I for one am guilty regarding Kanga. I enjoy the playing about with him but cant say the same for Stinky. I cant speak for others but in my case its the other way round, when they make a comment I bait the hook to get a further response. In the cases with Kanga he hasnt got nasty or cussed when Ive been involved, unlike Stinky. With Stinky I respond like with like, if hes man enough to dish it he should be man enough to take it without crying to His Moddyship and even telling lies to get others banned.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Yep, I am as guilty. I did like to wind Pete up as it made me laugh big time. So between LB, CliveV and myself we need a score card.

PLEASE VOTE NOW.. Vote for you favourite fisherman, who baited the hook with style. Who struck at the line just in time and who reeled in their prey with the most energy.

Please note, this is possibly the last vote. Things are going quiet now.

:)

Not that I condone this type of behaviour, disgusting really!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Yep, I am as guilty. I did like to wind Pete up as it made me laugh big time. So between LB, CliveV and myself we need a score card.

PLEASE VOTE NOW.. Vote for you favourite fisherman, who baited the hook with style. Who struck at the line just in time and who reeled in their prey with the most energy.

Please note, this is possibly the last vote. Things are going quiet now.

:)

Not that I condone this type of behaviour, disgusting really!
You are right Steve, last night I was trotting my float downstream and didn't even get a bite then I saw why. Floating by, bellyside up was Stinky :O(

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
You are right Steve, last night I was trotting my float downstream and didn't even get a bite then I saw why. Floating by, bellyside up was Stinky :O(
Yep, a floater that smells like that would kill fish for miles!

Feb 9, 2006
Visit site
To be honest Sparkes (Steve) you and the others you mention are as bad as this Kanga fellow in terms of pointless postings by responding the way you do. I certainly don't think that by bragging about the way you all wind someone up is anything to be proud of, personally.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Thats your feelings. would you rather the site just be a question and answer type place with trolls being allowed to take over all forums?

What we post to them may not help, but while they are trying to attack a few of us in one forum you are free to post in others. As for being as bad as the trolls? Have I accused members of being child killers? Have I used foul language at you or other members?

Thats a little unfair John, I don't consider myself anything like Kanga or Pete in any way. The posts we make are for fun, we also all answer questions when we can but the forum is better for the banter than it would be without it.

Plus, and this is important, you do not have to read any postings from me. Its a free country and you do have the right to complain about me to the moderator if you wish. I don't think I have done anything to offend you, but, I am a little absent minded and as I have no idea who you are or who you where yesterday that statment may not be true.

Steve

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
At the risk of being labelled part of a clique by the few, I have to agree with Steve in the fact that nobody is forcing anyone to read the posts. For example under Buyers' Guide: caravans ---- I have a relatively new caravan so never bother to look under that thread but if I did I could choose which topic I wished to read. I never look under Overseas parks & touring because with 3 dogs theres no chance of me going. Regarding Stinky and Kanga they are bullies and as a Deputy Headmaster john you should know that bullies shouldn't be ignored but the banter I have with Kanga is just that, light hearted banter although I now understand he over stepped the mark last night. I also realise that some people are a more serious type of person and thats why they dont partake in general chat no matter what the subject, but that is their choice and it should be respected just as it should be those who do without levelling criticism at each other. Theres nothing worse than the only time one posts it is a moan. I liken it to a camp site where most people chat and at the very least say good morning but you get the odd one or two who will do anything to avert their eyes so they dont have to speak. Sad but they have their reasons and by them not speaking at least they are hurting no one so perhaps if anyones input is only criticism perhaps its best not to post at all under that forum.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
To be honest Sparkes (Steve) you and the others you mention are as bad as this Kanga fellow in terms of pointless postings by responding the way you do. I certainly don't think that by bragging about the way you all wind someone up is anything to be proud of, personally.
john after making my post below I re-read the posts in this thread and wondered what had offended you. I saw no cussing or attacks/threats, no name calling either unless you think by calling him Stinky was offensive but if it was Stinky was his choice of nic and nobody elses.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
The forum has grown over the last year, if it's got better or worse is of course a matter of opinion.

When Kanga first started he posted as Andy and his comments really were no different to most on the Forum..He changed to Captain Kangeroo when a thead asked which Andy was which as we seemed to have several,. Some members at the time complained about his posts and likened them to Carry On films .His manner changed and after some quite horrible personal attacks he was quite rightly banned .

How ironic is it now that some of these members contribute some quite whitty posts and are the first to say how they missed the latest contribution from kanga.

I by no means condone the recent foul and abusive posts we have endured but would suggest that the antics of Kanga have become as much a part of this Forum as the technical help or site knowledge of others.

Maybe that makes Kanga part of the clique!!!!!!! LOL

I don't think we should encourage the recent behavior but I think we cannot let this abuse go unchallenged ,we must do this with moderation and not stoop to the same gutter level

Brian (".)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts