fitting a heki rooflight

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
hi been thinking about fitting a heki rooflight to our 1998 elddis. just wondered if any one has do this and is it possable. i know i`ll have to cut the roof etc just how easy would it be. it has a flat roof so no problems there.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I can not help but also would like to have a go but may wait till you have tried it first.
At a guess, about the same as fitting a cat flap.
Reg

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Reg and Pat said:
I can not help but also would like to have a go but may wait till you have tried it first.
At a guess, about the same as fitting a cat flap.
Reg

Why would you want to fit a cat flap in the roof????
25.gif
Sorry, Ive got nothing better to do!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you are thinking in terms of a Mini Heki, check this out www.1carpc.co.uk/wcdr/mini-heki-install.htm

If it's a full size heki, good luck! You are braver than me! Seen something somewhere about someone being quoted nearly £1000 to have one fitted. Guess you would have to have support arround edges tied back into original structure. As I say, braver than me.

Paul

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the link paul, think i`ll just replace the old rooflight with some new heki. last thing i want is to cut the roof and things go bad.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Easy to do. Before you order one measure your roof thickness as there are 2 sizes of Heki (too accommadate the thickness of the roof.)
Remove old rooflight bedding mastic might be tough but sliding a warmer pallet knife between rooflight and the van will help.
Make sure you remove all old mastic and clean with a solvent to remove grease etc.
I used the pre made non setting mastic strips, dont use slicone mastic as this sets,fit Heki and tighten the screws equally as you go to make sure it sits square.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts