Fitting Powrtouch Rollers

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hello All,

I am going to send off for a pair of new roller's and( hopefully) fit them myself. I was advised to apply some 'release oil?' overnight, and then the old rollers would come away easily. However, I've just been on site for a fortnight, and a guy there said that he had his replacement rollers fitted by Powrtouch and it was one hell of a job for the fitter. He was going on about re-aligning the gears etc., and made it sound all very complicated. His was a twin axle, while mine is fitted to a single. I have an idea that mine has some sort of gear box so that the unit can be used with shocks, if required. Anyone fitted new rollers - and know the answer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi I fitted new rollers last year, took 10 mins to do both sides no releasing fluid is needed, Just undo 3 small bolts at the end of the roller cover and take this off, prise off the old roller if need be use a screw driver, more often than not they will pull off by hand, put new roller on making sure key ways line up you might need to tap it in lightly, replace the end cover and do the other side the same. Power touch tech talked me through this when mine went at a site last year

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hello Rick,

Thanks for reply. I tried to do as you suggested, but the roller would not budge. Before I got too fierce with it I rang Powrtouch and gave them the model details. They told me that on Model 2 ( mine), the roller is actually fixed to the gear box, so it has to come out in a different way. Looks like the guy on site had a model 2 also !!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts