Fixed bed Caravans

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are currently thinking of buying a large fixed bed caravan. But we have 2 children aged 10 & 6. We already have an Avondale dart 556-6 with fixed rear bunks but find the washroom cramped and almost impossible to shower in. We have recently seen the new Avondale Land Ranger and fallen in love with this caravan. Our question is does anybody have a caravan with a fixed bed and children? and does this layout work with children. Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We've looked at fixed bed caravans bt came to the conclusion that it wouldn't work with our 2 children. When they go to bed at night they are currently at the other end of the 'van and we can relax in the seating area. We decided that if we had a fixed bed we wouldn't have this luxury!! Hope this helps abit.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a twin axel fixed bed caravan. We also have 3 grand children who stay with us on a regular basis i.e weekends and school holidays and we manage fine. Go fot it you'll love it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have an ACE Northstar and

two children of 7 and 11, we find the fixed bed fine with kids. They have the two front

bench seats, once all the shutters are closed you can lay in bed and watch TV or read. No problems, we've normally more tired then the kids anyway.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Simon, I've yet to find any caravan with fixed children. All four of our 'vans have always had very moveable children, our three have always leapt out and in again at a moments notice. I don't think fixed children will catch on in the same way as fixed beds, but you never know. Now our three are in their late teens/twenties they are all very "unfixed!"

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at the Bailey 500/5. There is a double bed and bunk at the rear end. As it is generally only my wife and self we leave the rear end double permanently made up and close the partition during the day. If our grandchildren are with us we can either leave the bed made up for the children's early night or have two large sitting areas during the day. Either way it is very convenient. Have a look and see. If you live reasonably local why not visit the Three Counties Show in Malvern, Worcester where virtually all models will be on display - mid. October. Good luck whichever route you decide.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We have lived in a van with fixed beds for 6 months now.Although it is absolutely brilliant for us, there are drawbacks in that when the kids want to go to the toilet, they pass through 'our bedroom' and inevitably wake us up. Also, in the morning, if the kids are still asleep, and we are up and dressed there is literally nowhere to sit until they get up. Despite, these 2 observations, we wouldn't give up our fixed bed and now try to persuade the kids to sleep in the bedroom annexe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts