FIXED BED SLATS

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi all.
Can anyone give me any ideas other than glueing the slats on my fixed bed to stop them moving ? Which will then stop the mattress falling through.
Many Thanks.
Dougie...

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Dougie
Cut some wood blocks the size of the gaps (tight fit), and put them along the support boards, between the existing slats, filling the gaps and thus stopping the slats moving sideways.
Our fixed bed has 'sprung slats' (similar to the ones in the photograph) where each individual slat is a piece of bowed beechwood, held in place within two plastic shoes. These can't move and hold the slats firmly in place.
http://www.goods2clear.com/upload/photo/1246532556.jpg

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Dougie l had my dealer fit two toggle catches to stop the slats moving back when fully extended, they fit on the side of the runner, turned through ninety degrees holding the front board stationary not allowing it to slip backwards works perfectly, l had it done when l bought the van new, they did it for free.
Hope you understand my explanation.
NigelH

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Do they not have the webbing like the pull out bit between the front beds (unless that's a Bailey only thing). The webbing would need to be secured to each slat, a staple gun would do that and you may not have to secure it at each end which would mean it could be moved easily if you need to.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Dougie, can you post a photo as this may make it clearer to the technically clever and they can then assist.
mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts