fixed bed tourers

Jun 14, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone know what size the smallest fixed bed caravan is and what year were they first made? We would like a fixed bed caravan but smaller than our current 22ft caravan and can't afford to buy new.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think the smaller fixed bed tourers have only just come out this year the abbey adventura 317 is one and the swift charima 535 is the same van.The production line for these is 20th June. We ordered one from the NEC in February and were told it would be ready by the end of May. This is now not the case and we ordered and received a new eldiss avante 534 within 10 days. We paid

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Christine. As I mentioned in a previous response to fixed beds, my wife and I have a Bailey Ranger 500/5. As it is generally just the two of us we leave the rear bed made up and close the screan door during the day. If our children and grandchildren are with us we then have the benefit of a normal five berth van with dining/sitting areas at both ends. In other words in our opinion it is the best of both worlds. Have you considered this an an alternative to a fixed bed. It works well for us. Good luck in your quest for a suitable van.

Jun 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin we were looking to reduce the size of our caravan too. what is the overall length of your caravan? My sister in law does the same as you and they find it great. Our children don't want to caravan with us anymore and aren't in steady relationships so no grandchildren planned either.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We have the new Alpine Sprite that has just made a comback with a fixed bed. Internal length is 15' 7" and great for the two of us as we didn't want/need a large van. Only had it a couple of months but are well pleased with it. For the money it represents excellent value.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin we were looking to reduce the size of our caravan too. what is the overall length of your caravan? My sister in law does the same as you and they find it great. Our children don't want to caravan with us anymore and aren't in steady relationships so no grandchildren planned either.
Hi Christine - The internal length is just over 15ft. The other thing we like about the Bailey Ranger 500/5 is its light weight being only 1270 kg. max. therefore not a heavy van to tow or manhandle by the two of us. I hope my previous comments have been of use and good luck with your future purchase and enjoy it.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Anyone know if there is a 2 berth van which has single fixed beds?
I don't think there are - the one we bought appeared to be the smallest - at the end of the day you still need somewhere to sit so I guess they just make it have the facility of turning into a double bed? We aren't planning to use it!

Jun 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi again have looked at the smaller Abbey and it was too small. am now looking at the Bailey Senator Oaklahoma or Indianna and the Avondale Aregente fixed bed model. Has anyone got any ideas which is the best. I noted the problems with the Bailey cooker causing melting. I need a fixed bed for my back problems as we are planning to do some extended caravanning when my husband retires in September.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, Having a fixed bed I think is just brilliant, No more making the beds after getting in from a session on the old pop. We got ours last year, a Swift Lifestyle 500 4 berth and I wouldnt change it for the world. Although theres only the 2 of us its just the right size. If your like my missus and likes to have a lie in theres nothing better than the fixed bed set up because Im a early riser, 6am most mornings, and I can just leave her to snore away until whatever time and keep the door to the bed closed. Ive heard a lot of people knock the fixed bed set up but I dont know why, maybe they like the fuss of making/unmaking the bed every day. Nothing to do with the original posting I know but just letting you know some of the advantages thats all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts