Flags and Pennents.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Point taken, probably just have the Saltaire and Cornish emblems on the front and back of the caravan , and trumpet down the Union flag at dusk. With a Speckled Hen in hand. :evil:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
chrisn7 said:
The thing with these high rise flags is that if you like them that's all well and good, but if you find them an eyesore or are annoyed by the constant fluttering, you can't really do much about it without risking being regarded as grumpy and curmudgeonly.
These things rank alongside music that's just a bit too loud, or people who have overly loud conversations in the restaurant - like there's an attention seeking element at work that becomes irritating
So with one side of the coin being regarded as grumpy or curmudgeonly and the other side being regarded as loud attention seekers it's a stalemate, or a case of each to their own.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We have an English, Welsh, Rhodesian and South African flags in our caravan. I am South african born, OH is Welsh born being a genuine Taffy, I lived in Rhodesia until it became Zimbabwe and now we both live in England.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
We fly a 'pirate' flag with the legend 'Until morale improves, the beatings will continue'! It has started many interesting conversations, and I only tend to fly it at PC rallies, our regular summer holiday at Swanage so that our friends know where we are, and occasionally at Burrowhayes. I always furl it at night as I can't stand the flapping! I also have pirate bunting and globe solar lights on the awning. I feel it makes us more 'individual' from the white boxes we all love. If people don't like it - hard luck!!! it's our choice and if anyone complains they need to get a sense of humour. Might head over to the CC forum for a bit of wooden spoon work... :evil:

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Blinds then flags what next windbreakers ? and god helps us when someone starts one about cream Eggs so I will go first , I eat mine while raising my St George flag standing behind my windbreaker looking at my half up blinds or could that be half down I don't care as long I am having a good time because I am not doing anyone any harm :)

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
gravesyt said:
Blinds then flags what next windbreakers ? and god helps us when someone starts one about cream Eggs so I will go first , I eat mine while raising my St George flag standing behind my windbreaker looking at my half up blinds or could that be half down I don't care as long I am having a good time because I am not doing anyone any harm :)

What about the Marmite? ;)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Marmite, wonderfull, one of the lads at work in Nigeria, was leaving ,the lovely place, !!!, and put on the bar a Milleninium pot 2000, an un opened for 10 years had a raffle and raised about £150 for a local charity, and made some of our American work lads eat it on toast.
I love the stuff. Bovril, and Vegimite, does't hit it.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Flags etc :cheer: :cheer:
Marmite :cheer: :cheer:
Marmite on hot buttery toast :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Marmite - :evil: (The work of the 'Devil'!)

MrYuk_zpscdgd7qpp.png

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Might well get one of these for the summer, to go on our flagpole with the LED lights:
http://www.thefineartcompany.co.uk/art-prints-on-canvas/Marmite%20Pop%20Art.jpg

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
B)
RayS said:
This is a carry over from the 60's or before when many caravans, particularly those upmarket came with either two or three fitted short mass above the centre of the front window. The idea was you flew a Union or Regional pennant, together with a CC and your local section or County pennant. Alternatives were makers Owners Clubs or some Service flags. Quite a nice idea perhaps due for a revival ?

Yes, I remember these - somewhat more subtle than those of today - and able to display what the owner wanted without risk of upsetting anyone.

May 13, 2010
Visit site
With reference to the comment regarding "Why do people hang washing out when the CC supplies dryers". My thought on this is I wouldnt want my washing going into a machine where the owners of 4 legged mobile "Poo" machines have washed and dried its blankets, not all do this but the odd one or two do

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Trevor, When we are away, we very seldom wash the !beds of our 4 legged family beds, they never, soile their sleeping area. .People reasons to use these facilotes. if you dont want to use these facilities, its up to you, weither its to clean your dogs bed, or your your rug from the caravan.
A lot of people have to use municiple washing areas, laundretes, . . If you dont want to use these, take it home.

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Come on we are all adults, if anyone feels so strongly about a matter take it up the with alleged offending party. We all have a right to express ourselves as we see fit or desire there is too much censorship in our life now without more been heaped on top.
Now play properly or its the naughty step for you all.

Bob

Just live your life as you want to within the laws/rules set out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts