Flat screen TV bracket attachment tips wanted.

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi all
I wondered if anyone had any ideas of the best way to fasten a flat screen tv bracket to the inside wall of my Adria?
The TV is a 19" and weighs about 3.5kg, and I'd like to use a small VESA bracket. Very nervous about screwing into the sidewall,
will ordinary screws be ok? How do the manufacturers fit them, do they add battons behind the wall where the bracket is to go?
Any tips gratefully received!
Cheers
Paul

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
It would probably be best to attach the bracket to the side of an internal 'wall' such as a wardrobe or overhead locker if you had the space. This would mean that won't have to worry about screwing into the actual wall of the van and means you could use small bolts rather than screws which may work loose over time.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
It would probably be best to attach the bracket to the side of an internal 'wall' such as a wardrobe or overhead locker if you had the space. This would mean that won't have to worry about screwing into the actual wall of the van and means you could use small bolts rather than screws which may work loose over time.
That is what I have done and used small bolts, you could say I used bolts and braces.
Don't do what I did and traveled with it on a swinging bracket..

Aug 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi Paul,
I wouldn't attempt to fix it to any of the outer walls of a caravan there is little to fix onto. I fixed mine onto an interior wall that housed the flue pipe from the gas heater, some heating controls and a socket and tv point. It is laminated chipboard and I removed the socket, got my hand inside the void space and inserted a cutting of mdf timber and screwed the bracket through the chipboard and in to the mdf on the inside which gives a solid fixingt. Once finished put the socket back on and you can't see how it is fixed. I have a swivel bracket which was about £15 from the internet. I keep my TV fixed to the bracket all the time and it never moves around, I slide a pillow over it just in case it though!

David

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Realising that the walls are unsuitable for taking the full weight of a bracket and the TV, I made a relatively sturdy shelf (which my wife wanted for additional storage anyway) and hung that under one of the overhead lockers and attached the bracket to the underside of shelf as in the photograph below (I have removed the cover over the bolts so that you can see how it is put together). This creates the impression that the bracket is screwed to the wall, but in fact it is only resting against it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts