Fleetwood Colchester 500 SE

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
When we return to the UK we are thinking of purchasing a 2001-2 Fleetwood Colchester 500 SE its the 4 Berth with the end side double bed that folds back into the rear of the van.
We had made a shortlist and this is the one that came up trumps.
Have any members either had or can comment on this van and its unique layout.
Thanks
Tony

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Would suggest a bit of research into spares, especially considering Fleetwood are no longer with us but other than that yes Fleetwood had some really good layouts and dared to be different. If you find one in good condition I would have no doubts about going for one.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Martin & Gump for that advice.
Would anyone know of other makes that have the similar layout as the Fleetwood Colchester 500 SE which has the rear left side double bed that folds up into the rear of the van creating seating/table for day use and still around the 1200kg towing weight.
I know the Coachman 530/4 is similar but the bed is a fixed bed and a bit longer and heavier, be good to look at other makes with similar features.

Tony

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Can't think of any others off the top of my head. When we lost Fleetwood we lost one of the inovators of slightly different layouts meaning less unique layouts on the market.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts