Fleetwood Heritage.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
We are thinking of buying a new Heritage 640-CB. The main selling point being the Alde programmable central heating system. Does anybody have knowledge of this system and its good or bad points. many thanks

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
Yes I have this system in my Bessacarr. Its very flexible, since it can run off 1Kw, 2Kw mains electricity, or gas, or both!. Its very effective indeed at keeping you cosy. The programmer is different from a domestic system. There is timer with multiple on/off options which is conventional. However, it is designed to be always 'on', because the timer alters the temperature on the thermostat, rather than switching the unit on or off. So you might set it for 20C in the evening and 16C in the night - if the temp falls below 16C, the system will come on....There is no 'advance' button either-you raise the temp instead.

The system is filled with a car antifreeze mixture so no problems there.

Jul 23, 2005
Visit site
Yes I have this system in my Bessacarr. Its very flexible, since it can run off 1Kw, 2Kw mains electricity, or gas, or both!. Its very effective indeed at keeping you cosy. The programmer is different from a domestic system. There is timer with multiple on/off options which is conventional. However, it is designed to be always 'on', because the timer alters the temperature on the thermostat, rather than switching the unit on or off. So you might set it for 20C in the evening and 16C in the night - if the temp falls below 16C, the system will come on....There is no 'advance' button either-you raise the temp instead.

The system is filled with a car antifreeze mixture so no problems there.
Fleetwood seem to be going through a bad patch at the moment I'm afraid. My wife & I bought a Volante 560/4 in April & found the Alde system installation to be very poor & inefficient. It has been modified but is still unsatisfactory. Sadly there are quite a few quality problems with our van that we would not expect to find on a budget model, let alone a van with a premium price tag. If you want a Fleetwood I suggest you delay until the 06 models are available then check the van thoroughly before you make up your mind. I wish we had been less trusting & more thorough.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts