Flojet pump not working on 2008 Swift Conqueror 530

Apr 21, 2023
Visit site
I had a small leak from the connections to my flojet pump, so I removed it and put vaseline on the O-rings to try and seal the leak. I have now reinstalled the pump and although I have a 12v supply to the pump it will not now work. I assume that the pressure switch is not working and I believe it is part of the pump. Is there some technique to reset the pressure switch? Would pressurising the system with a Waterline have any effect or do I just accept that I need a new pump?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Swiftalk,
I'm sorry to read your having problems with your water pump.
First a note of caution, Vassaline is a petroleum based product, and should not be used on systems that involve food or drink. It can also damage some types of O ring material. The idea behind O rings is they are compliant and should deform enough to create an adequate seal. I'd advise cleaning it off the components you have used it on and explore why the joint has started to leak, perhaps it needs a new connector. If you need a lubricant to help to reassemble the connector, use either a proprietary potable lubricant, or a drop of vegatible oil.

Unless you dismantled the pump extensively it's unlikely you have damaged the pressure switch. Have you checked to see if you have electrical power reaching the pumps connection? It could be the pump fuse has blown?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Prof, your mention of Caution of using Vaseline, is incorrect, as Health Authority's state to use it on healing scars, after surgery and things like chapped lips etc. .

Last edited:
Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts