Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi folks,

just returned back from haggerston castle,we were supposed to be there for another 5 nights,but after this weekends continous rain the small stream sorrounding the touring area burst its banks,and flooded the majority of the touring pitches,luckily everyone helped each other to get the vans and awnings to safety but sadly some owners were away for the day and god only knows what they`ll think when they return.

i was disappointed in the serious lack of help from the staff at haggerston,they could of at least help tow some of the caravans to drier ground with their 4x4s,because some of the family cars were unable to get hitched up!!

we lost out on payed up holiday but at least we got out safely

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi ,I hope you got a refund from the owners of Hagerstone park .I would have thought that as the touring pich area was Flooded then the site was not fit for purpose and as such they could not fulfill their part of the agreement in providing you with the pitch and electric hook up which you had paid for .I bet they had insurance to cover such an event. If they dont give you a refund try the local tourist office ,even ask your credit card provider they carry some clout .The fact that the staff did not help in moving the stranded vans is reason enough to have no simpathy for them Coljac

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our first ever trip away when we had the trailer tent was the same, a real washout. Flooding occurred then too and there was no refunds. This was about 10 years ago.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi ,I hope you got a refund from the owners of Hagerstone park .I would have thought that as the touring pich area was Flooded then the site was not fit for purpose and as such they could not fulfill their part of the agreement in providing you with the pitch and electric hook up which you had paid for .I bet they had insurance to cover such an event. If they dont give you a refund try the local tourist office ,even ask your credit card provider they carry some clout .The fact that the staff did not help in moving the stranded vans is reason enough to have no simpathy for them Coljac
hi coljac

i`v e-mailed haven in the hope of some reinbursement,just waiting for a reply now

cheers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mick Ive never heard a good report on a HAVEN site yet .Coljac

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Mick

I would suggest you follow up your email, IN WRITING and post using RECORDED DELIVERY, to Haggerstone Castle and send a copy to HAVEN. We all know how easy it is for companies to 'lose' incriminating correspondence sent by email alone. Give then a certain amount of time in which to reply and inform them that you are prepared to take this matter further if necessary.

Good luck, I hope you receive some recompence.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mick

I would suggest you follow up your email, IN WRITING and post using RECORDED DELIVERY, to Haggerstone Castle and send a copy to HAVEN. We all know how easy it is for companies to 'lose' incriminating correspondence sent by email alone. Give then a certain amount of time in which to reply and inform them that you are prepared to take this matter further if necessary.

Good luck, I hope you receive some recompence.
hi ann,

i totally agree with you,but i`ve had a reply from haven and they have past my situation onto the manager at haggerston,but it may take a while for a reply on the matter.(if any)

i respect it was`nt their fault this happened but i was annoyed that no help was given to help those who were stranded in the centre of the site which the deepest water was and when their own executive mini bus was driving through the deep water at speed causing waves and causing more problems for people.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Steve, I owned a similar boat to that, called a CaraCruiser, on the Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal. I still miss it. The canal had some excellent fishing, roach, perch, carp, gudgeon, trout. I bought it for

Jan 7, 2006
Visit site
we too were once flooded at hagerston likewise the staff were not very helpful and a few people were unable to use their awning spaces not good for them who had people sleeping in them. we have found the awning spaces in hagerston not very good anyway, there either bald and very muddy or half grass and the rest gravel.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I was at Haggerston last April and there had been afair amount of rain the previous week ,almost all the pitches were waterlogged although we managed to pick the best available which wasn't too bad. However ,this seems to be fairly typical of Haven/British holidays sites. The given impression seems to be that if you don't own a static then you don't really matter. On our October trip to Marton mere we astonished to find concrete awning pitches ,which would have been superb if I'd had a rock bolting kit handy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts