Food for Wine Tasting - Saturday night

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I hope Lutz does come up with some Eisbein as the last time we had it was at a German beer festival at the German club outside Durba in South Africa. For the equivakent of

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Eiswein is something special, no doubt Lutz will explain.

But it is made when the grapes get frozen _ ICE WINE, due to the cold factor it is only made in limited ammounts if the weather is favourable!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just to clarify - bring whatever food you would like to eat -whether it's bbq or cheese etc.

There should be a supermarket open on the Saturday if people want to stock up. Not sure if they are open on Good Friday.

Lisa.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Eisbein is something like roast hock and is not drinkable, but goes down well with a few pints of beer. You may be thinking of Gluwein. Another favourite of mine was Black Forest cake. Maybe Lutz will treat us to some German sausage! :)

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Don't confuse Eisbein (pig's trotters) with Eiswein (as Chris rightly says, made from frozen grapes). I think I'd have problems bringing Eisbein over and Eiswein is rather expensive because there is so little of it. However, the selection that I'm bringing includes a bottle of the next best thing, Beerenauslese.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I see Lutz has missed out the Trockenbeerenauslese made from hand picked grapes left on the vine until they are raisins and only made in good vintage years :)

Tut tut Lutz ;-), but then again I guess we all tend to keep the best to ourselves ;-)

The easter meet group would probably expect it Pint glasses any way ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Enjoy!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
It was my business for some time years ago! I even have a UK Wine Trade Qualification somewhere at home.

Part of the reason why I rarely drink Alcoholic drinks ;-)

TRENDING THREADS