Food for Wine Tasting - Saturday night

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thought it would be nice (essential!) if we all brought along some food for a buffet for the wine tasting.

Please indicate below what you will be bringing.

Many thanks.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
How about cheese and biscuits?

Easy to set up, no cooking involved, can help yourself whenever you like, excellent range of cheese available. Once "in the forces" we combined wine tasting and cheese/biscuit eating for an evening and it went down a storm. The morning after wasn't so funny, but hell, you only live once

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol

I think that's a brilliant idea but I think some are thinking along the lines of a bbq.

Actually, I would prefer cheee & biscuits.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In that case, we will probably get the normal stuff, bratties, chicken, pork chops etc. Oh and some halloumi cheese to put on the barbie, knew I'd get my cheese in there somewhere... ;o)

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
l would prefer the cheese and biscuits but we will go along with what ever is decided.

lolly, did you have a nice holiday.

sharon,

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
l would prefer the cheese and biscuits but we will go along with what ever is decided.

lolly, did you have a nice holiday.

sharon,
Hi Sharon

Thanks for asking, it went better the second time around than the first!

The awning went up beautifully, only rained for a half a day, site not too bad, looking forward to easter meet now!

Lolly x

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sharon

Thanks for asking, it went better the second time around than the first!

The awning went up beautifully, only rained for a half a day, site not too bad, looking forward to easter meet now!

Lolly x
pleased you had a nice time, and the weather was nice nothing worse than rain.

l am looking forward to easter now.

sharon.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Make sure you have a nice subtle sweet dessert to go with the Eiswein that Lutz is sure to bring for you to sample!

If there is no VERY TOP quality Eiswein I would be asking a lot of questions of Lutz ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I would soon a go with a cold buffet to go with the wine tasting we do not have to go over board like Lol says we cud go with cheese and biscuits and some sweet items as well.

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Anyone else want cheese and biscuits instead of BBQ for the wine taste night? Bear in mind, it doesn't mean we have to forget having a BBQ, we can have that on Friday or Sunday, depending on the weather.

Thoughts please.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry, but cheese and biscuits or steak?

Emmmm, let me think

No, sorry, I like to have a full belly. BBQ it is for me
How about meat flavoured cheese Steve? Would that placate a fellow carnivore?

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
How about meat flavoured cheese Steve? Would that placate a fellow carnivore?
How about a nice breast of chicken, wrapped in bacon and smothered with grated cheese. Cooked to perfection and served with French fries.

There you go, I agreed with the cheese!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
This is taken from the forum I am mod on. So I have left the names in

Try a Sunny Beer Cheese Soup.

INGREDIENTS:

1 teaspoon margarine or butter

2 tablespoons and 2 teaspoons chopped onion

1/8 teaspoon minced garlic

1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1/3 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle light beer

1/3 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth

1 tablespoon cornstarch

2/3 cup half-and-half

2/3 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese

COOKING DIRECTIONS:

1: Melt the butter or margarine in a 4 1/2 quart soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce and stir well. Add the beer and raise the heat to high and boil for 3 minutes to evaporate the alcohol. Add the chicken broth and bring the soup back to a boil. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer.

2: Combine the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water and stir until smooth. Set aside.

3: Add the half-and-half and shredded cheese to the soup. Stir constantly until the cheese melts. Then stir in the cornstarch mixture. Stir constantly until the soup is thick, about 2 minutes. Serve garnished with bacon bits.

Enyoy Sunny.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
How about a nice breast of chicken, wrapped in bacon and smothered with grated cheese. Cooked to perfection and served with French fries.

There you go, I agreed with the cheese!
I'll take that as a no then, try not to beat around the bush next time. ;o)

Unless you're beating out a couple of plump pheasants.

MMMMmmmmmm

TRENDING THREADS