Football Chat

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
some good games in the euro competition this week, anyone watch barcelona last night, they were superb.

one player in particular stood out, messi.

good stuff to watch.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I didn't see that but I did watch the Man U game. I wonder how Messy will compare to Rooney :O)

With a name like Lionel and being such a good footballer I would think his forefathers were English. ;O)

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
sorry lordy, but i dont really know the man u team, i like to watch the spanish league, so i cant give a comment on the guy you mentioned, is he any good ?.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello MacH,

As a Scouser and long time Liverpool supporter, first game 1953, as well as a local Bedford League Referee for 25 years, relief. We finally managed to look like the football team we used to be. Having said that Messi is some player, but Rooney has many of his skills, but more power. I was surprised to see that Messi is actually younger, for his first goal he should have been closed down, and pushed onto his right side, he then would have been forced to pass to the player supporting him on the right flank. It comes down to the old augument who is the best player, and we all place different values on what we enjoy. I prefer to say that they are both probably the best two players in Europe at the moment, with Ronaldo coming in close behind. However if Torres had the players around him they both have, he would run all three very close.

Here's a Scottish question for you, my all time idol was Scottish and played for Lochelly Violets, he is one of only two players to play in the two Great Britain teams ever selected, the other being Stanley Matthews, who was he ?

Best regards,

George

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Correct, a true gentleman of the sport.

Regarding the original topic, yes Barcelona were superb, but much as I hate to say it, I think the other team who play in Red, will be capable of beating them this time, that is if Arsenal do not do it before them.

Best regards,

George

ps : off to bed now, as we have an early start

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
good stuff george,

i also hope the other team who play in red would take them, contrary to popular belief i do support and admire the premiership teams, especially the ones in red.

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
I don't think Arsenal have a chance, but then football surprises us all the time.

I'm a Liverpool fan but also a football fan, so if there is a game on involving Man U, Barcelona or Real Madrid then I will watch. You are most likely to see a decent game than Arsenal or Chelsea.

Ian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts