Ford Focus

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can any body help me.

I have a ford focus 1.6 ghia hatch ( petrol ) and would like to know if any body tows with this car and if so how it handles. I am reluctant to change car and would like to return to touring again. I am looking for a 2 berth caravan to match this car if poss

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kevin,

Ford Focus hmmm!!!

This is my opinion only but I would say you would be much better off if you could go up to a 2litre engine for towing 1.6 engine would not do a very good job of towing,also I do believe that the focus is a bit on the light side wait wise,failing that I think that you would have to purchase a very light caravan with your present car,Those extra 400cc makes quite a difference.Good Luck.Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Keven, I had a focus 1600 Zetec towing a 2 berth 1991 Elddis Hurricane gtx Mgw 1065KG. Tow weight was 92% but i tried to keep the weight down in the van. 27 to 30 MPG avr over 1300 miles in one year had no power problems. A lot more power then the 2 litre diesel i have now. It is worth giving it a try as i found out.Best of luck

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kevin,

I towed an Abbey caravan 1000Kg MTML with my 1.6 Focus with no problems - but just check the max towball weight it was only 50Kg on the early Ford Focus

Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts