Ford Mondeo 2.0 Petrol/Auto

Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

TOTAL newbie, so please bear with me.........

I am getting totally confused by all the jargon - MiRO, MPTLM...

I have a Ford Mondeo 2.0 petrol, automatic, registered 2000 - what size/weight caravan am I looking at? Ideally after 4 berth.

Any help gtarefully recieved!!

Cheers

Bill

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi Bill

The kerbweight of your Mondeo is Approximately 1376kg. This means that applying the 85% guidine figure for people who are new to towing you need to be looking at a caravan with a MTPLM (Maximum Technically Laden Mass) of around 1179kg.

MIRO is the mass in running order. This basically means the weight of the van as it came off the production line. You then get an allowance of say 200kg for "habitation equipment". This basically means everything you put in the van: clothes, food, awning, etc. So for a van of 1179kg its MIRO might be 979kg.

Be warned though there is no hard and fast rules about the amount of difference between MIRO and MTPLM. I was only looking yesterday at a Detleff which had a paultry 150kg for essentials!

When you're checking out the weight of a van then always do it by the MTPLM. If you're looking at older vans you might see is MGW, this roughly equates to MTPLM.

Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Bill

The kerbweight of your Mondeo is Approximately 1376kg. This means that applying the 85% guidine figure for people who are new to towing you need to be looking at a caravan with a MTPLM (Maximum Technically Laden Mass) of around 1179kg.

MIRO is the mass in running order. This basically means the weight of the van as it came off the production line. You then get an allowance of say 200kg for "habitation equipment". This basically means everything you put in the van: clothes, food, awning, etc. So for a van of 1179kg its MIRO might be 979kg.

Be warned though there is no hard and fast rules about the amount of difference between MIRO and MTPLM. I was only looking yesterday at a Detleff which had a paultry 150kg for essentials!

When you're checking out the weight of a van then always do it by the MTPLM. If you're looking at older vans you might see is MGW, this roughly equates to MTPLM.
Hi Tim

Many, many thanks!

Bill

Jun 26, 2005
Visit site
I have a Mondeo 2.0 LX (petrol) and have just bought a 5 berth Abbey Piper. I logged on to TOWSAFE.com and put in all my car details and caravan details and it worked all the jargon out for me. It cost

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts