Ford Mondeo MK3 what van do you tow?

May 13, 2006
Visit site
I am curious to know what weight (MTPLM ) caravan any Mondeo MK3 owners tow. We have been looking at a replacement caravan with a fixed bed and alde heating. I had my eye on the Bailey Valencia until we were told that the outfit match would be a 93% ratio. Although these figures are legal we would have preferred to stick closer to 85%. I have noticed on some other forums that the kerb weight of the Mondeo is up for discussion as some people claim the car is a lot heavier than the kerb weight indicates. The car itself is perfect for everyday running /towing and I love it so any info/thoughts would be appreciated

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
What does your V5C certificate for your car quote for:

Mass in service &
max permissible braked towed mass of trailer?

From these figures we may be able to advise you.

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
mines an 06. 2.2tdci... mass in service is 1476kg braked towing is 1800kg.. use to tow the bustner with her...
the bustner had a max of 1500kg, but in normal use was 1300/1325 kg.. wasnt a problem, but also the mondeo would way in at 1535kg upwards [kit in boot and, if just us two add another 70kg to the 75kg for a driver.so before she turned a wheel the mondeo was near as dam it 1610kg....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts