Ford Mondeo TDCI 2LT

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Hello All,

Has anyone had any experiences towing with a Ford Mondeo 2lt TDCI,What is the Max Tow Weight,and how do they handle whilst towing.Many Thanks In Advance.Craig

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Craig

I tow with a 2lt. tdci and can promise you it is a great tug as far as legal terms are concerned it will tow 1800kg but for safety under the 85% rule 1275kg is comfortable but I do know of people who have towed heavier.

should return approx 30mpg

good luck.

Will

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi i use a 2 Litre TDCI 6 speed Estate during the normal caravan season ,and i tow a 1500 KG Senator Indiana ,very rarely have to change gears on the motorway ,i average 29 MPG towing ,

during the winter we tow with my wifes car a 2.7 Nissan Terrano 7 seater just in case we meet any adverse weather

Apr 13, 2007
Visit site
HI JUST BOUGHT A 2LT TDCI GHIA X ESTATE (MANUAL)IT TOWED LAST WEEK FOR THE FIRST TIME,I HAVE A AVONDALE RIALTO (MAX WEIGHT 1350) NO PROBS VERY STEADY GOT 34.8 TO THE GALLON,ALTHOUGH I WOULD,NT BOTHER WITH 6th GEAR MUCH. TJ

May 19, 2007
Visit site
HI JUST BOUGHT A 2LT TDCI GHIA X ESTATE (MANUAL)IT TOWED LAST WEEK FOR THE FIRST TIME,I HAVE A AVONDALE RIALTO (MAX WEIGHT 1350) NO PROBS VERY STEADY GOT 34.8 TO THE GALLON,ALTHOUGH I WOULD,NT BOTHER WITH 6th GEAR MUCH. TJ
I have the 2.0 ltr Tdi Mondeo Titanium X, And I tow an Avondale Osprey, a big lump.

I get 31 mpg, and its a perfect tow, lots of power in reserve.

I have towed all round europe with Mondeo tdi`s for the past twelve years, they cant be beaten.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts