Forestry Commission Sites

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
I am looking at spending 5 or 6 days at the Forest Holiday sites run by the forestry commission. Some of the parks look really big with over 500 pitches - has anyone had experieinces of these sites good or bad

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have stayed on a couple, Kielder Forest, being the main one. Which one did you have in mind as I certainly recommend that particular one. I like the idea of being in the forest, very back to nature type. The site was clean, nice toilet/showers, small shop, nice wardens, very pleasant. Only downside, quite a long way to civilisation (town), although we were quite happy to stay in the forest.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi Janet

Thanks for the reply. We did not have any one in mind particularly although the one you mentioned did crop up. It was just general quality that we were concerned about. Like others we like nice clean sites with clean blocks etc. There is nothing more disappointing than getting on a site and finding it cramped and dirty. This will be our first full week away in the van so we wanted to get it right.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Janet

Thanks for the reply. We did not have any one in mind particularly although the one you mentioned did crop up. It was just general quality that we were concerned about. Like others we like nice clean sites with clean blocks etc. There is nothing more disappointing than getting on a site and finding it cramped and dirty. This will be our first full week away in the van so we wanted to get it right.
I can thoroughly recommend the forestry site in Beddgellert, Snowdonia. Good pitches, well kept amenities and pleasant staff. Also just a short walk from Beddgellert village, which is beautiful. We've been back 3 times now, which speaks volumes. Enjoy!

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I can thoroughly recommend the forestry site in Beddgellert, Snowdonia. Good pitches, well kept amenities and pleasant staff. Also just a short walk from Beddgellert village, which is beautiful. We've been back 3 times now, which speaks volumes. Enjoy!
fully endorse this one about Bedgellert. So many loevly places within easy driving and good walking from the site. we went in october last year and will return this year, if only to see the best colelction of toadstool we've ever seen! Excellent site.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Not a FC site but the CC site at Clumber Park is surrounded by pine woods and is far enough but not that far from towns i.e. Worksop to enable fresh supplies. The CCC also have a site close by but this is in the old walled garden of Clumber House, still a nice area. We spent a week there in March and thoroughly enjoyed the stay and walks with the dog. Nottingham forest is also not that far and there is a Go Ape, if you know what that is, to keep the family and kids occupied. There are some good walks directly from the site arround the estate which is run by the National Trust.

Brian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our favorite Forestry commision site is sethorns in the New forest, mains hook ups but you need your own shower and toilet facilities. Open 12 months a year.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Hi Martyn,

We use the foresty commission site in Glenmore Scotland at weekends. It has been closed recently for an upgrade but is a fantastic site. You can get details of all the sites at www.forestholidays.co.uk.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts