Forge de la St Marie to Interlaken

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
We are heading for Interlaken and stopping off at Forge de la St Marie for 2 nights en route. Anybody know a good route from there to Interlaken. The N19/E54 to Basel looks the most direct but may not be caravan friendly. Any advice most welcome.

Nov 15, 2005
Visit site
Did the reverse of this journey back in 2004.

From memory we used the D166 to Epinal and then the N66/E512 through to Mulhouse and then Basle, then the Autoroute to Interlaken.

It is a hilly route before Mulhouse but no problem.

Forge de la St Marie is a great site

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
David,

Thank you very much. Very useful information. We are travelling on the 20th July and really looking forward to a visit to Switzerland.

Regards

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Did the reverse of this journey back in 2004.

From memory we used the D166 to Epinal and then the N66/E512 through to Mulhouse and then Basle, then the Autoroute to Interlaken.

It is a hilly route before Mulhouse but no problem.

Forge de la St Marie is a great site
Just a side comment, we were at Forge last year, they had so much rain that they had to open the lake sluice and in so doing lost the trout they had stocked up with for the season, they had to restock.

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
Hi Swift2008, thought you'd like to know I just got back from Interlaken on Saturday, we were at Manor Farm and right at the front on the beach, the weather has been high 20's early 30's for the last 3 weeks and it's all looking fantastic - you don't fancy a stowaway do you??

Cheers

Nick

Sep 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi Swift2008, thought you'd like to know I just got back from Interlaken on Saturday, we were at Manor Farm and right at the front on the beach, the weather has been high 20's early 30's for the last 3 weeks and it's all looking fantastic - you don't fancy a stowaway do you??

Cheers

Nick
Hi Nick,

Not trying to hijack this post but could i just ask, how was Manor Farm ?We are on pitch 29 by the beach in August and we`ve not been before?Thanks...and sorry Swift2008 !

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi Nick,

Thanks for your message we are really looking forward to our trip and would appreciate any comments you may have on whats worth seeing and whats not. Or is it all just as great as they say it is. As an aside - are there any biting type bugs around this area or have the Swiss got rid of them all.

Nick,

When are you going. If we are back before you leave we will let you know all about Manor Farm. We are back on the 3rd August.

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi Nick,

Thanks for your message we are really looking forward to our trip and would appreciate any comments you may have on whats worth seeing and whats not. Or is it all just as great as they say it is. As an aside - are there any biting type bugs around this area or have the Swiss got rid of them all.

Nick,

When are you going. If we are back before you leave we will let you know all about Manor Farm. We are back on the 3rd August.
Sorry, Second bit was meant for Cookie

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site
Hi Swift2008

The problem you're going to have is what not to see. Your best bet is to make sure when you travel use the trains, we did and they are fantastic. The best trips I would reckon are either up the Grindelwald valley or the Lauterbrunnen valley.

Must sees are as follows: The Trummellbach falls, not to be mixed up with the Reichenbach falls. Jungfraujoch, is the highest railway station in Europe and is just below the summit of the Jungfrau, the train wends its way up for two hours with a change in Kleine Scheideg and then the track goes up steeply and actually through the Eiger emerging at 11333feet at the Jungfraujoch where you can shop, eat, go sledging or skiing or dog sledding.Tip: plug your telly into the bollard at the camp site and go to channel 14, they have live cameras of the weather conditions at the top of all the high attractions, the trip is expensive unless you have a swisscard which will bring the price down or even make it free I don't know. We bought a pass which gave us everything half price and those were roughly 100 francs each (

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi again Nick,

Thank you so much for the reply, it sounds fantastic. It was good of you to take the time and trouble to supply us with all that information. We will certainly make the most our time there.

Great to know that there is not a lot of them pesky biting bugs about! I also get bitten everywhere I go and come out in huge red lumps.

Can't wait to try the "legendary rosti"

And yes.....we do have space for a stowaway!!!

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts