Formatting issues

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
It seems that I am unable to format a post into paragraphs and it is posted as one big lump? I am using FF. Any one else with the same issue?

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Yes - with Chrome, but Parksy's recent posting seems OK.
(line 2)
(line 3)
smiley-smile.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Surfer said:
It seems that I am unable to format a post into paragraphs and it is posted as one big lump? I am using FF. Any one else with the same issue?
The problem is not with your browser, there's a software issue with the forum which was discussed at some length Here
My posts appear with paragraphs because one of my moddying tools includes the ability to input format.
When larger postings appear on the forum and I see them I usually go into my moderator Edit facility to input the format so that paragraphs, smileys etc; appear as the originator had intended, but I'm sure that you'll appreciate that I can't sit here all day long to do this so the process can be a bit hit and miss unfortunately.

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
So can you not change your software provider to one that allows postings to appear as the writer intends!? (New paragraph - wishful thinking.....)
That's the one irritation for me on this forum (she says, with a glum emoticon that won't appear in the posting!)
I think you should share your moddying tools with us, Parksy.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
CyberCynth said:
So can you not change your software provider to one that allows postings to appear as the writer intends!? (New paragraph - wishful thinking.....)
That's the one irritation for me on this forum (she says, with a glum emoticon that won't appear in the posting!)
I think you should share your moddying tools with us, Parksy.
There you go Cynth - I just did
smiley-laughing.gif

The trouble is that I can't sit here upstairs in my little ex- spare room / home office away from my beloved (in case she reads this) and the tv downstairs all day and night editing every forum post to make the paragraphs appear.
The forum is owned and run by Haymarket Consumer Media and they decide on software and administer the forum.
The software problems which irritate most of us are recent and digital editor Lizzie Pope who is now in charge of such matters is fully aware of the annoying glitch but is unable to do anything to rectify matters, otherwise she most certainly would.
A new website and forum is being built but there's no completion date as yet.
Damian and myself, the moderators, are purely voluntary, we are simply caravanners who stepped up when moderators were asked for but we don't work for Haymarket and have never been anywhere near to Haymarket Towers. We are given a free magazine subscription by way of thanks, but have no input into decisions that are made about the forum or it's software (because if we did I doubt if we'd have chosen this one in the first place but don't tell them I said that
smiley-laughing.gif
)
Thanks for your patience and understanding, at least we can still use the forum to swap ideas, information, jokes etc.

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
CyberCynth said:
Oh, sorry if I'm sounding like a grump. I can at least look forward to the day when your new website and forum take to cyberspace. Meanwhile, thank you for formatting my previous post! Please don't take my comments as personal criticism, you're doing a grand job under what much sometimes seem like frustrating conditions.
I don't have you down as a grump Cynth and rest assured, I enjoy answering queries and I never take anything personally or become frustrated, but I like to explain things openly and honestly as far as possible.
Many newer forumites think that we work for PCv and have lots of 'super powers' but alas, the Kryptonite of reality reveals our somewhat pedestrian feet of clay
smiley-laughing.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Two hints to help for those of us without Moderator tools.
I restored my signature box by visiting the my account tab, and selecting EDIT and Just re-confirm all the sections. That seemed to restore my signature box
The second hint is to try and produce apparent paragraphs in postings. Using the web sites own composing box, enter you text. When you want to create a paragraph break, just keep adding spaces until the cursor moves down to below the last word of the preceding paragraph with one clear line. Its not perfect, but it improves the appearance and legibility of postings.

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
It works! Have just posted in 'Pensions 2' using your paragraph-creating ruse, Thanks for the tip Prof.
And thanks to Parksy for your patience with an impatient poster. I'd better get offline and give someone else a chance, too many CyberCynth-headed postings!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
CyberCynth said:
It works! Have just posted in 'Pensions 2' using your paragraph-creating ruse, Thanks for the tip Prof.
And thanks to Parksy for your patience with an impatient poster. I'd better get offline and give someone else a chance, too many CyberCynth-headed postings!
There can never be too many, we've got plenty of spare monitor ink to go round
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS