Fort William or Norfolk at Half Term

Apr 27, 2006
Visit site
Having had two wonderful outings in the folding camper, one in monsoon weather up in Edinburgh and one in almost tropical weather down in Finchamsptead, Berks, I am raring to go again in the October half term.

Looking at the CC site in Fort William or the CC&C site, Thetford Forest, in Norfolk. There will be my 13 year old extremley active son, myself and the dog, we will be departing from North Shields, T&W. Any ideas?

Many thanks

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
hello debbi, we have been to bunree, i would definately go back, we took our very active 4 year old grandaughter, we did drive round alot though , but thats why we went up there, we came up from wakefield west yorks, and its worth the drive, we went in june, and survived the midges, and had exceptional weather, not been to the other site so cant comment, enjoy anyway. ED

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
I would always choose Scotland mainly because I love the mountains. Bunree is a great site, very picturesque with lovely sunsets(if you're lucky). The whole journey up the A82 to Fort William is fantastic, my favourite road in the UK.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Hi Debbi,

I would go for Scotland. I can recomend Glen Nevis Campsite, 2 miles from Fort William. It a a brilliant site and sits at the bottom of Ben Nevis. Plenty to do in the area and a bit closer to Fort William than Bunree. Check out www.glen-nevis.co.uk.

Jun 12, 2006
Visit site
I agree with Mac 1000%, we stayed at the glen nevis campsite last year in august and it was great, nice curry house in town aswell.

Now you've mentioned it, might have to go back again soon.

Apr 27, 2006
Visit site
Fort Williams it is then!. I had looked at both CC and C&CC (member of CC but will join C&CC) and wondered whether Glen Nevis would be better this time, and you have confirmed it. Off to join C&CC now and get booked up. Thanks for all your help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts