Forum request

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
ahh, you see!

That would not be a good way to do it. The idea is to allow new users to read the new forum, thus allowing them to get the idea of this forum and know what to expect.

Also, a thread can dissapear very quickly. and once it is down a few pages it would be difficult for new members to come across. it would also mean that that thread will get VERY big, making it hard to find a "hello" amonst all the others.

:)

PLEASE!

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
ahh, you see!

That would not be a good way to do it. The idea is to allow new users to read the new forum, thus allowing them to get the idea of this forum and know what to expect.

Also, a thread can dissapear very quickly. and once it is down a few pages it would be difficult for new members to come across. it would also mean that that thread will get VERY big, making it hard to find a "hello" amonst all the others.

:)

PLEASE!
what do you suggest then?

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
what do you suggest then?
Lolly, I still think a new forum is the best option.

Mod1 is a nice person (even if I did get my wrist slapped last week) and will consider the request.

Oh, and i can always bug them til they give in if they say no ;-)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Ive already nominated lolly for Head Welcomer and Door Monitor. If the good people at Haymarket Towers could please provide a comfortable chair and a table with a few bottles of wine (locked away and lolly has the key) so the new peeps can have a swig it would be very nice. It wouldnt be a good idea leaving the wine lying about with Lol in and out all day long.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ive already nominated lolly for Head Welcomer and Door Monitor. If the good people at Haymarket Towers could please provide a comfortable chair and a table with a few bottles of wine (locked away and lolly has the key) so the new peeps can have a swig it would be very nice. It wouldnt be a good idea leaving the wine lying about with Lol in and out all day long.
I would like to say "stick a cork in it L.B", but it's against my professional and recreational beliefs. Always read the lable and consume when opened!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde, really! I've just red your posting on Jan 19 re the door monitor."wine on the table so that newbies can have a swig"? what sort of talk is that?we in the Royale Owners Club don't "swig"!! that's a disgusting term! We GUZZLE!

G

How disappointing.

As an engineer who has worked in 'mud' all his life I thought this one something I had missed. Bah. all it was, was about some Landrovery things.

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
Ahh sorry I thought you wanted to look at upgrades. Is it hard to add a new section to the existing forum? Must admit I like this setup it is a bit quirky and no private messages is a big bonous, cuts out the backstabbing that goes on in other forum boards. Keep up the good work.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts