Forum users get together - Update

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
To all the party people,

all the cheques and booking forms where sent of today, so you should receive confirmation shortly.

Lutz, can you let us know if there is any problem with the piece of parchment pre dating the Magna Carta that you sent :)o>

Clive, when your animal sitting dilemma is resolved can you let me know and I should be able to give you a booking reference number, thanks everyone,

Roy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roy

We think we will be ok - but it depends on friends not going away!

Still - we will take the risk - form and cheque is in the post to Lisa today.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roy

We think we will be ok - but it depends on friends not going away!

Still - we will take the risk - form and cheque is in the post to Lisa today.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
OK thanks Clive, does this mean the wine tasting is still on? and will you be participating in the children's entertainment? I've already told my little one that "uncle Clive" is going :)o>

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
"Lutz, can you let us know if there is any problem with the piece of parchment pre dating the Magna Carta that you sent :)o>"

Of course I'll let you know if I get a negative feedback from my bank. If they can't read Early English, I'll see to it that gets translated.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
By the way, if the wine tasting is still on, I'll bring some Rhine wine. There are about 40 wineries in the town where we live so there's ample to choose from (a bottle from each, maybe?)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
By the way, if the wine tasting is still on, I'll bring some Rhine wine. There are about 40 wineries in the town where we live so there's ample to choose from (a bottle from each, maybe?)
Lutz, they don't happen to do Milch Schnapps (think that's the correct way to spell it) down your way, do they? I know a few of the ladies might want to try Apfel Korn (probably not the correct spelling) too. Just a thought.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
No, we're in the middle of a wine growing area here so that sort of thing is not produced locally. But that doesn't mean that I can't oblige by bringing a bottle or two as well.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
No, we're in the middle of a wine growing area here so that sort of thing is not produced locally. But that doesn't mean that I can't oblige by bringing a bottle or two as well.
I have this mental picture of hearing you arrive on site Lutz, to the sound of clinking bottles and popping corks..

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That sounds good Lutz

Anyone have any idea on how they would like a winetasting to go?

I am happy to organise something but logistically we will have to get enough wine and glasses etc. Therefore I suggest that an entry "fee" for the evening is a number of bottles of wine per person/couple.

NOT that I think we will be drinking excessively necccessssseerrrlillly! but we could have a raffle for a few bottles as well as part of the evening. Or we can say to heck with it and drink the lot.

So as an idea - what about we all select our favourite wine and (depending upon numbers attending) each couple/individual bring say three (possibly more!) bottles of the same wine and make up a board/wine sheet saying where it is from and why you like it. I can make up a pro-forma for the evening that can be emailed to those attending. The info quoted would be no more complicated than what is written on the label.

We can then all wander around - with our own Glass - and try the wines that others have brought.

I think we have to have our own glasses and I recommend plastic for safety.

For a bit of fun a random 5 wines could be a "blind tasting" with prizes for the person(s) who identify the wines. This bit will obviously take a bit of pre-planning so that a) we have an "extra" bottle for this or else only having two bottles for normal tasting could be a bit of a give away! And also the bottles would have to be marked but the labels removed.

Any other ideas suggestions gratefully received.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That sounds good Lutz

I am happy to organise something but logistically we will have to get enough wine and glasses etc. Therefore I suggest that an entry "fee" for the evening is a number of bottles of wine per person/couple.

NOT that I think we will be drinking excessively necccessssseerrrlillly! but we could have a raffle for a few bottles as well as part of the evening. Or we can say to heck with it and drink the lot.

So as an idea - what about we all select our favourite wine and (depending upon numbers attending) each couple/individual bring say three (possibly more!) bottles of the same wine and make up a board/wine sheet saying where it is from and why you like it. I can make up a pro-forma for the evening that can be emailed to those attending. The info quoted would be no more complicated than what is written on the label.

We can then all wander around - with our own Glass - and try the wines that others have brought.

For a bit of fun a random 5 wines could be a "blind tasting" with prizes for the person(s) who identify the wines. This bit will obviously take a bit of pre-planning so that a) we have an "extra" bottle for this or else only having two bottles for normal tasting could be a bit of a give away! And also the bottles would have to be marked but the labels removed.

missed a b) - should read;-

And also b) the bottles ...etc.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I have this mental picture of hearing you arrive on site Lutz, to the sound of clinking bottles and popping corks..
lmao my thoughts exactly Lol and Lutz don't transport the booze at the rear of the van, if you need any more info see the topic "snaking" :)0>

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That sounds good Lutz

Sounds good, and believe me, if we are drinking that much, you wont have to remove the labels, I'll be blind long before that!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That sounds good Lutz

Hi Clive

Sounds good to me. Plastic glasses are a good idea just incase anyone starts a fight..........

I'm really looking forward to it.

Keep us updated.

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS