France and Spain

Mar 11, 2006
Visit site
We have just bought our first caravan and have decided to head to France and Spain for three weeks in August. We booked the Norfolk line ferry and 10 nights at Sanguli Salou near Port Aventura. We also want to stay at disneyland Paris, so today I rang a site near there and found that the site (Les Etangs Fleuris) didn't want a deposit or a contact name or address. They said that they would keep the pitch until 6pm on the day of arrival. Is this normal? Should I expect this from most sites in France, or should I be looking for sites that take a deposit for a secured pitch? We are also looking for somewhere to stay in France for a few nights on the way back from Spain, got any ideas?

Also, has anyone got any general tips about caravaning abroad, eg, gas bottles, equipment, towing speeds?

Thanks

Vicky

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Hello Vicky. It is common for sites in France/Spain to want some form of deposit.Having said that, we have never advance booked for any site abroad since we first went in 1984.We have stayed at Fleuris(Disney)...lovely owners. If they are happy with the arrangements, then you will be OK for a pitch...dont worry. As regards your other queries...I would suggest that you buy the Caravan Clubs "Caravan Europe" vol 1(for France/Spain).This gives all info about almost everything, incl 1000's of site details. The book is cheaper if you are a member of CC, which I recommend you join for their excellent Red Pennant travel insurance. We go in 3 weeks for three months.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts