France - bloody expensive

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 25, 2008
Visit site
Scotch Lad

In my Opnion, You are wrong on one major account of your cost ratio, it all depends on your starting location. If you live an hour or to from Dover you can get a cheap ferry in the middle of the night. If you live in the North of Scotland Yes it is expensive to get to the continent.

Time away is a very important element of your cost ratio, thanks to being retired we are on the positive side of that equation !!!!!

When we stop caravanning I hope our grown up children will have caught the bug ( which I hope we have infected our Grandaughter with ) and continue to visit places which we couldn't afford to with B&B costs etc.

To wake next to the Sea on a Sun Drenched Beach in the North of Scotland what more could anyone ever wish for!!!!!

Shake it off Young Man 60 is the new 25. I spent at least 3 hours a day in a play park near Stirling over the weekend and when you talk to the children of caravanners it opens your eyes. The new generation of children are alive and well and having a ball. Really I have only just become aware of the fun the very young have when on a good Caravan Site with first rate play facilities.The social skills which children learn from interacting with each other will set them up for life. Ever noticed how well they learn to share the swings the chute etc it's all of lifes skills rolled into one.

rant over

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
I've just come back from a week in Zante where the cost of eating out was really cheap. My OH and 2 children, bottle of wine and usually came to about _40. Lamb Kleftiko _8, Greek salad _6. Doesn't really help us caravanners though.

I'm off to Italy next week and will have my 2 older daughters with me as well. Thats 6 of us. Theres no way I will be eating out . Thats gotta be getting on for _120. I am taking the Cadac and hopefully I can get some stuff to create some good kebabs. Meat, prawns, peppers, etc. Having never been to Italy, I assume beer and wine are as reasonable as France.

Ian
we went to Italy in may ,on a package tour , a pint of beer near St peters square was about

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
I've just come back from a week in Zante where the cost of eating out was really cheap. My OH and 2 children, bottle of wine and usually came to about _40. Lamb Kleftiko _8, Greek salad _6. Doesn't really help us caravanners though.

I'm off to Italy next week and will have my 2 older daughters with me as well. Thats 6 of us. Theres no way I will be eating out . Thats gotta be getting on for _120. I am taking the Cadac and hopefully I can get some stuff to create some good kebabs. Meat, prawns, peppers, etc. Having never been to Italy, I assume beer and wine are as reasonable as France.

Ian
we went to Italy in may ,on a package tour , a pint of beer near St peters square was about

G

I suspect you will find that more people live a distance away from Dover, than live around it. The Midlands is a good 3-4 hours drive. The ferry costs whether it be

G

Whjats Norway like this tome of year scotch lad? here Oslo's pretty hot

G

OK, Brutus, stick the knife in. Ouch!!

I learned a long time ago that supporting our national team was a recipe for an early grave and now that we no longer have any PE in schools, or even playing fields the pool of talent has diminished even further. On the bright side the supporters will not have to try and get to S Africa and avoid being mugged. The downside is having to endure G Lineker bleating away on the telly, so I will disappear to France while that is running.

On the other point I read tonight that Edinburgh has been voted the no:1 place to live in the UK. Not too sure how it managed it but apart from the crazy Council, the never ending tramworks and the lazy Council workers, it is actually pretty good.

May 25, 2008
Visit site
"On the other point I read tonight that Edinburgh has been voted the no:1 place to live in the UK".

Did you read that in the Councils Free Paper lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts