FRANCE - New Speed Laws For Towing

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Best advice I have read on this:

"The safest option is to keep within all marked speed limits, as one should do anywhere, stick to 80 km/her on single lane highways and not exceed 100 km/hr on open motorways. It is very unlikely anyone will pull you over for that. If you really feel you need to do 130 km/hr with a van on the back, please keep away from me."

From Scotch Lad

I drove to Italy last year through France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria and Italy. Cruise control set at 65 all the way there (an actual 60mph) and this attracted no attention from police. Even when passing a police car in Germany where I believe I was 'supposed' to only do 80kph. Any slower than this speed and I get in peoples way. I'm quite sure the Old Bill have better things to do.

What would be good is if somebody has any negative actual first hand experience of falling foul of this rule.

I did see a Chrysler Voyager go past with a huge twin axle doing about 80. The craziest thing I had ever seen. It was lurching from side to side with virtually only two wheels on either side at any one time.

Ian
"I drove to Italy last year through France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria and Italy. Cruise control set at 65 all the way there (an actual 60mph) and this attracted no attention from police."

Ian, must have been hair-raising going through the Austrian Alps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts