France ~ Yes or No??

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
We are intending going to France for 5 weeks on 18th June, but the Fuel crisis is making us hesitate.
The journey is along the Normandy Coast and then down to the Vendee, returning up via Rouen to Calais.
What advice have other contributors got on this subject. Do we Go or Not???

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just give yourselfs two days getting lost around Rouen, I think almost everyone gets lost there at least twice, followed the signs for Calais, and ended up in Paris, I didn't blame the wife and she stayed quiet. We are over for six weeks at the end of july.
Thanks to all the people giving us feedbacks on the fuel situation.
Hutch.

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
We are in D'Oleron and we drove down via Rouen and have had no problems with fuel and whilst here no issues, biggest issue is the weather, it can't make up its chuffin mind.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
We got back on Monday from 7 weeks in France and Holland. No problems anywhere with fuel. We shipped via Dunkirk and saw no signs of any immigrant problem either.
In fact, the first we knew of the supposed fuel prob was when my son phoned to tell us about it!
As always, the media made a mountain out nothing.
Just go, and enjoy it!

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
We are off next week ,our friends phoned from Grignon to say that things were normal and no queues or shortages at all.We are going to La Rochelle on the tunnel going through Caen and Le Mans

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Due to sail Poole to Cherbourg next Tuesday.
However, just been told by Brittany Ferries that there is going to be a General Strike in France next week!
Currently, Brittany say there will be a 2 hour delay, but who knows - it might not sail at all!
You can never be sure in France where striking seems to be a national pastime!

May 21, 2016
Visit site
we used the bridges at le havre or you can stick on the autoroute cross the river on the East side of Rouen never had a problem that way either

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Staying at Jumiers, and told the wife I would take her on a boat trip on Le Seine, those Ferries are great and free. :p

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Just to report no queues or shortages of fuel. Price on motorway varied between €1.27 -€1.33 a litre for diesel
2 hour delay on tunnel Thursday as French customs searching English fans and confiscating alcohol.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
We have just driven to the south of France, having entered near Lille, and haven't encountered a problem at all anywhere. Filled up again this morning locally, again without issue, so it looks like the problem is over (until the next time!!).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts