Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My wife and I were in a similar position a few years ago. We contacted Select Sites at Abergaveny and they arranged every thing for us except passports. Had a good holiday in Brittany with no worries about ferry bookings, site fees, etc. No hassle at all. No problems driving whilst towing from Roscoff to Britany - very good roads. Good luck and enjoy yourself.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
An adaptor for your mains lead to convert it to a Continental style plug; another adaptor to change the polarity over (many sites have live and neutral reversed, so you will also need some means of checking polarity, if not already provided in your caravan); and a good phrase book! The first two will be readily available at your caravan dealer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ray ..i have gone to france numerous times make sure of the following...u have plenty of gas as they dont use calor most places....continental adapter for your hook up ....a plug in to check the pollarity of your mains electric...if wrong you will have to reverse the hook up wiring......good breakdown insurance...advance warning triangle and first aid kit...spare set of bulbs and fan belt ..good set of maps are a godsend i like fitting tyron bands to my tyres as the roads are so open and good....a sense of humour as the french are so laid back they are almost horizontal..

have a great time we have for years

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
to keep the french police happy you must carry in the car at all times in france.first aid kit,warning triangle,fire extinguisher,spare bulb kit,and beam benders which must be fitted day and night even if you do not drive at night.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Neither fire extinguishers nor beam benders are legally required. As far as headlights are concerned, the only thing to watch is that you must not blind oncoming traffic. If you have height adjustable beams, it's usually sufficient just to turn them right down and then bias them slightly to the left as you probably won't be doing much driving on main beam, anyway. The optics of beam benders often do more harm than good (they cut down light and produce more stray light).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
After reading your message, im sure there is the clear problem of exchanging your existing calor bottle once in France, as you may or may not know, they do not exist on the continent!May i suggest what i had fitted to my motorhome, refillable cylinders that are topped up with LPG at a filling station. France has more than they uk over 1300 + its cheaper. I used those from www.leisuregasservices.co.uk who offer a mobile installation service,never regretted it!I always travel into France and this has been a godsend, never having to take or exchange another bottle again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts