Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

We are planning to go to france next year in north brittany, normandy areas does anyone know of any good sites, must have pool or beach as we got kids ranging from 5-15.

Cheers Mary

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
None to recommend on the Northern Coast but :-

West - a lot of forum members speak rather highly of "Le Letty". I think this is in Benodet and right on the beach.

Southern Brittany - one of our favourite sites is Camping des Iles at Penestin - the children love it - again right on the beach and with a lovely pool complex. Nice soft floor play area for younger children.

Mar 18, 2007
Visit site
I'am sure there are some good site's around Normandy and North Britany but if you are prpared to drive a little bit further, try southern Britany around Carnac and Trinity sur mer. Several good site's, good beaches and a lot to see in the area.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'am sure there are some good site's around Normandy and North Britany but if you are prpared to drive a little bit further, try southern Britany around Carnac and Trinity sur mer. Several good site's, good beaches and a lot to see in the area.
You could come to where I'm posting this from at Camping Haliotis:

http://www.camping-haliotis-mont-saint-michel.com/english-version-camping-haliotis-mont-saint-michel.html
An excellent and very friendly site on the borders of Normandy and Brittany.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mary,

Have a look at camping la vallee in houlgate normandy.Excellent site for kids and adults. Plenty to do on site,beach walking distance.Landing beaches close also.Cheers Andy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Get hold of Caravan club Europe Volume 1 and you'll will find plenty of sites with member's comments.

The site Haliotis mentioned by friend Evans is listed under Pontorson and is, I agree, excellent.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
"12:38 PM Evans

The site can't have that much to do if you have have time to log on to caravan forums!!!!"

Still here so there must be lots to do. Leave at the end of next week.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just paid my bill for 38 nights at Haliotis.

Because I suppose I am a regular customer and the length of my stay, I was charged 9_ a night!

How about that then?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just paid my bill for 38 nights at Haliotis.

Because I suppose I am a regular customer and the length of my stay, I was charged 9_ a night!

How about that then?

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
That was a really good bargain Evans of Sprot.

I love that site and usually call in to break the journey to and from Vendee / Bordeaux etc. We usually pay by camping cheque and they have never made any extra charge for the children. What do you think of the new pitches with their own shower room!

Jun 12, 2006
Visit site
lecroc

We were there last August and it is a great place, maybe they have done it up since you were last there, a lot can change in 5 years, people were friendly, shop was good, didn't go in the bar as we don't drink, stayed at the van and played games with the kids(teens), everyone we spoke to seemed to love the place.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That was a really good bargain Evans of Sprot.

I love that site and usually call in to break the journey to and from Vendee / Bordeaux etc. We usually pay by camping cheque and they have never made any extra charge for the children. What do you think of the new pitches with their own shower room!
Wouldn't use them myself cos I don't get showered! lol

There's some truth in that, but I prefer to use my van's equipment!

TRENDING THREADS