Freedom - anyone else own one?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Hilda

It's not as gloomy as Selwyn says but equally in my view certain manufacturers QA/ QC leaves a lot to be desired.

If you are going to buy from a Dealer it is essential to make sure you pick a good reliable one who will look after you long after you have handed your cash over.

What part of the UK do you live in?

I am sure you will get some good recommendations on here.

Cheers

Alan

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Alan

Thank you for replying. We live in Shropshire. However we are close to the West Midlands. We have spent the last month looking and it is a minefield. Sites like this do tend to help.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Hilda

Take a day out to Chipping Sodbury Caravans .

Both I and Jo-anne on here had great deals and more so their after care service is brilliant.

Cheers

Alan

May 14, 2008
Visit site
The other reason I think that Freedom caravans aren't so popular is that they are never reviewed in the magazines. I realise that some people really do want all the luxury of home, but I think there are lots of people who would be happy with a much simpler affair (and less housework).

So here's a challenge Practical Caravan - review a Freedom, or do one of your compare and contrast tests. Most of the tests compare two almost identical caravans - let's have a real contrast!

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Hilda

Lunars used to be known as leaky lunars, but now that manufacturers have to give water ingress guarantees for so many years, I don't think Lunars are any more leaky than any other British caravan, so don't let that alone put you off.We have one and love it.

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
just a thought about leaking vans

i dont think many leak when they leave the factory.

but if you watch the way some people tow not slowing for

speed bumps hiting or going over kerbs poor loading etc

this could be what starts some of them leaking. just a thought

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Hey Liz. Parksy got in touch with me and told me about this thread.

I am indeed getting a Freedom Microlite Discovery LE (with loo and shower) in the future - near I hope!. After a lot of research I have kept coming back to this 'van. I'm not rich and have a car with 1.4 engine, plus minimal parking space, so this will be perfect. I've been to the Freedom store a couple of times, looked at others, and my wife and I are sold. As said the solid shell will last and the portability is great!

As a tent camper of many years, I know lots of caravan folk and the majority of them love the little Freedoms. Several have bulkier, heavier second-hand 'vans.

Don't worry - go get one!!!!!!!!!

Happy camping campers :0)

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Stephen

If you are a Caravan Club member, back issues of their monthly magazine are available online. It is in the memebers only section.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
hi liz,we had a freedom for many years got rid year and half ago when a little girl came up to my husband and said why have you got such a little caravan,her mam didant no where to put her self,we got a lot of looks touring such a little thing and staff on sights thought it was funny to,so i just got to the stage enough was enough so bought an elddis but i do miss my little bubble.

May 14, 2008
Visit site
I've been up to my eyes in work for the last few weeks, so have been away from the forum. Also, have had nothing to report thanks to the deluges in south Wales preventiing any caravanning. So we figure that the little Freedom is now settling down for a winter on the drive, and we are dreaming of next summer's holidays...in the meantime I'm going to read the Caravan Club review!

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi Liz, i have only just joined this forum and was very pleased to see this thread, do you still have your freedom, I also have a freedom sunseeker 3/4 birth. its a rather old 94 model but apart from a few minor scratches is still in very good condition. I was particularly intereasted to read that you had already changed the interior to suit. We are a family of 4 and my youngest has now reached the weight limit for the bunk and we are toying with the idea of changing our interior to suit the needs of our growing family. Did you ever re-line your van? if so what did you use? We have an awning, we do not need an inside seating or cooking space, we prefere to cook as we do when we use our tent, outside. Our van is purley a warm dry sleeping area.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts