French Autoroute

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Does anybody know if the Autoroute between Brive and Perigeux is now open along its whole length or is the 20 mile section in the middle still not finished.

If its not all open yet does anybody know for sure when it will be.

Finally any ideas of who I can contact in France to check it out

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tony,

Try www.autoroutes.fr. They once wanted me to divert off the motorway through Montelimar to avoid temporary roadworks on the motorway so they do seem to keep directions up to date. They also have webcams mounted over some toll booths so you can watch the traffic - beats watching grass growing especially at this time of year.

Mike E

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Mike e I will give that a go ,not too sure about the web cam idea though even if it is a close call between that and grass growth watching

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I have looked on www.autoroutes.fr which was very good even with an English version and whats more I found what I wanted which is if others are interested that the missing 18km of the A89 between Brive and Perigeux in the Dordogne will not be complete until 2008

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tony,

Glad to have been of help but do double check any route plans they give you for unexpected diversions which might not be in use by the time you get there.

Must dash - the lawn needs cutting

Mike E

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts