French Police/Speeding Fines

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Those of us heading off to France again in the near future may find this article useful!

We don't have problems with speeding - we don't do it - but for those of you who whizz down the motorways getting there as fast as possible, it may provide some useful information - and make sure you have some cash with you. Speeding fines are not cheap.

We've had only good experiences in the past with French police, so please don't let this article put you off. They're only doing their job!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Like you we've never had a problem with any Continental or UK police for that matter. But I wouldn't have alerted potential speeders to the possible outcomes with French police. A salutary lesson is often far better learning experience !!!!

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
otherclive said:
Like you we've never had a problem with any Continental or UK police for that matter. But I wouldn't have alerted potential speeders to the possible outcomes with French police. A salutary lesson is often far better learning experience !!!!
understand where you are coming from but every action has a consequence... indeed it could be a lesson learnt but it could also have the speeder just trying to make up the lost time! again speeding or not taking breaks as planned ect ect which could have consequence for innocent parties........that could be you!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We try to stick within the speed limits in France and have never had a problem but everyone makes mistakes so you never know. The spoeed limit onthe motorways is high enough for us so we should be OK there but rural roads are far harder to be sure off the limit.
|My feeling is that the motorway speed limit is enough for me and the extra cost in fuel in exceeding it puts me off.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
JonnyG said:
otherclive said:
understand where you are coming from but every action has a consequence... indeed it could be a lesson learnt but it could also have the speeder just trying to make up the lost time! again speeding or not taking breaks as planned ect ect which could have consequence for innocent parties........that could be you!

why could it be me? For years even when travelling on business I have always allowed time for my journeys whether by car or other forms of transport. In some cases events conspired to delay me but that's no excuse for deliberate speeding. A later arrival combined with an apology generally sufficed.

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
It would take some suicidal driving to exceed the motorway speed limits but through villages on national roads the limits can be as low as 30kmph and a lot of care is needed to keep down below that. I dont know if the limits are generally being lowered or its just us taking more notice of them but the more we drive on these roads the more we are tempted to the autoroute, perhaps thats the idea

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts