French sign puzzle

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone (Val A perhaps, or Nick in France?) tell me what the meaning of a particular road sign is? This one has been puzzling us for years and I can't find it anywhere!
It's a blue sign with a white car. Sometimes the car is crossed through with a diagonal line. It appears to be arbitrarily placed at the roadside, but I'm sure that can't be the case.
I have no idea whether we have trangressed any rules or not!

Jo

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
is this the sign you mean
square blue sign white outer line about one inch thich with white car in the middle.

Such roads as the one above, where they aren't a motorway, can have motorway-like restrictions applied to them. France has a handy sign to denote the start of motorway-like restrictions, which is this blue car sign. Note that even here - right at the entrance to the road - no number is displayed for the N12.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I presume you mean a round blue sign with a white car. This sign is common on the Continent, not just France, and means that the road ahead is open only to motor vehicular traffic, i.e. no bicycles, no horses, etc. The red diagonal designates the end of the restriction.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts