French swimming pools

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
In French pools more and more they are banning swimming shorts in favour of the tight fit type (which does not suit my delicate body form) any idea why?

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Here's a quote from another website:

"It`s an almost universal rule in France that shorts are not allowed in the pool. It`s regarded as very unhygenic to swim in the same clothes as you`ve been sitting around the campsite in. Speedos don`t carry the same amount of dirt as cloth shorts."

A campsite owner on that website mentioned the amount of debris that he has to unblock from his pool filter system each day - and said that this had reduced considerably once he introduced the 'no shorts' rule.

Some sites enforce it rigidly and the 'attendant' won't allow you in the pool with shorts on - others are very laissez faire about it, and don't bother. My partner always takes both - and then doesn't have to pay expensive campsite prices (did once, for the tiniest pair of 'speedos' you could get away with and still hide your modesty!)

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
On grounds of hygiene - presumably in case the 'shorts' have been worn on a day to day basis outside the pool area.

( But try telling that to a trendy male teenager.)

Some pools insist on swimming caps too.

( But try telling that ! - to a trendy male teenager.)

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
On grounds of hygiene - presumably in case the 'shorts' have been worn on a day to day basis outside the pool area.

( But try telling that to a trendy male teenager.)

Some pools insist on swimming caps too.

( But try telling that ! - to a trendy male teenager.)
Sorry to repeat - Valerie just beat me to it.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
The subject of banning swimming shorts in the U.K. was mentioned in the press recently on the grounds that shorts would impede weaker swimmers and poolside attendants would have no idea of the individual swimmers ability.

So play safe and ban shorts - you know it makes sense !

What the reaction would be if someone decided to swim naked on the grounds that they were such weak swimmers that even micro Speedo's would drag them under might be interesting.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts