French Swimming Pools

Jun 7, 2005
727
0
0
Visit site
Anyone who has been to France will have seen the notices around the swimming pool which says " for reasons of hygiene swimming shorts are not allowed in the pool" Now for some reason I have noticed that I don't look quite as good in speedo's as I did 20 years ago and I am wondering if anyone knows why this rule applies. The only reason I can think of is that they are worried about people running around in shorts all day and then jumping in the pool but surely this is to obvious, there must be some other reason. If anyone knows could you please enlighten me.
 
Mar 14, 2005
1,476
1
0
Visit site
Graham, its for the reason you say. They do not want people who have worn shorts,cut off jeans etc because they may have been wearing them for other activities and bring dirt, sand etc into the pool.

If they allow it they will get a response of 'oh there clean I only wear them in the pool', so they ban them rather than get into arguements.

Viv la France.
 
Mar 14, 2005
60
0
0
Visit site
I don't stand a chance, get told to leave the pool for wearing swim shorts. . . . . . . . . or get thrown out for looking obscene in Speedo's !! . . . . . did you ever see Rik wearing those trunks in "Bottom"? Ugh !

I think I'll stick to dipping my feet in my kid's paddling pool.
 
Mar 14, 2005
229
0
0
Visit site
I have the problem that I have an ileostomy. It's not possible for me to wear trunks without causing great embarrassment to both spectators and myself. I always have to contact French sites beforehand to explain my problem and, so far, 90% of them have been sympathetic and said that it will be OK. The other 10% I have given a wide berth.
 
Mar 14, 2005
28
0
0
Visit site
I asked the lifeguard last year at Sequoia Parc. Evidently one reason is that people wear the short outside the pool, filling pockets with "stuff". They then get in the pool and a lot loose the bits from their pockets which then clog up the filters etc.
 

TRENDING THREADS