Fresh water pipes

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
For the first time in 45 years we are going on a super pitch this April. So although having had both types of pipes ie flat and normal has any one found the flat type to freeze more than normal one. Can only remember having the Aquaroll freezing many years ago . Our winter travelling has been in a motorhome with no problems but not caravanning.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Robert,
If the temperature is low enough to freeze a conventional hose, it will also freeze a flat type hose. How a flat hose will cope with being frozen I don't know, but I suspect if it freezes with high pressure water inside it might be more likely to split compared to if teh water pressure is low and the pipe has not fully expanded.

Your thread title refers to "fresh water" and you need to be aware that unless a hose is sold as food grade, it may have been manufactured using some quite unpleasant materials that might leech into the water passing through the pipe, and thus into your caravan or motorhome. Boiling the water may well kill any bugs but it won't affect the toxicity of any chemicals.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Hello Robert,
If the temperature is low enough to freeze a conventional hose, it will also freeze a flat type hose. How a flat hose will cope with being frozen I don't know, but I suspect if it freezes with high pressure water inside it might be more likely to split compared to if teh water pressure is low and the pipe has not fully expanded.

Your thread title refers to "fresh water" and you need to be aware that unless a hose is sold as food grade, it may have been manufactured using some quite unpleasant materials that might leech into the water passing through the pipe, and thus into your caravan or motorhome. Boiling the water may well kill any bugs but it won't affect the toxicity of any chemicals.

You are correct regarding the flat hose as they do not like to be frozen and they burst easier than a conventional round food grade hose.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts