Fridge - No Spark?

May 28, 2007
Visit site
I have an Electrolux / Dometic RM 4230 fridge but can't get it to light on gas. The Piezo lighter button makes a good solid mechanical clunk when pressed but I can't see a spark in the little round pilot window. Should I be able to?!!

Cheers, Joe

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Joe, yes you should be able to see the spark, but you have to be at the right angle and have no light interference as it is very hard to see.

If no spark, it may be the wire has come loose or moved and is shorting out.

May 28, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Damian, I'll persist and try looking from different angles but I guess that I'll end up taking it to an engineer to sort out... Cheers, Joe

May 31, 2007
Visit site
Similar problem, which went away after 3 days and the gas ignited ok, Have a feeling non ignition is caused by a build up of condensation when on 240v or 12 v, either that or the fridge not being completely level. Certainly condensation shows in the glass window after using 240v. wish i could see a quicker way other than waiting 2-3 days to light the gas.

May 28, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Richard.

No condensation evident, but have now confirmed that the fridge works fine on 240v, which is a start. I've since been advised by a fairly local caravan service centre that the Piezo system almost never fails (though it sometimes could use an adjustment of some kind).

Cheers, Joe

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
On our fridge when left for a month or so also does not light up straight away. I have taken it out ,put new jetin ,cleaned the surrounding area and it still did not work,so took it apart again and this time got a piece of wire ,bent the end of it like a shepherds hook and pushed it into the block turned it a bit and pulled it out and got myself a very dead spider. Put it all back together again and it worked fine and readjusted the igniter.How it got pass the jet i have'nt a clue.The other thing i have done when this happened was to take off the bottom vent and knock on the bottom of the gas assembly and that seemed to dislodge what ever caused the problem at that time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts