Fridge not cooling!!!

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
On our last trip our fridge did not get cold, so I check all the vents and fuses but find nothing wrong. is there anything else I can try or does it need a service or would you get a new fridge. the fridge is an Electrolux RM4206 (Type C30) I think. Many thanks for any help. Steve

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You first need to establish if the refrigerator is working on gas. If it works on gas , it will proberbly need the 240v heating element replacing. If it does not work on either, then it needs to be completely replaced as it is obsolete now.

Steve W

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Older fridges not working is a fairly common topic on our Eriba Touring forums - dealing with caravans that could be up to 50 years old or a bit newer for the fridge equipped models.

Likely causes, in no particular order:

1. Caravan fridges are adsorption type - and rely on heat (gas or electric) to force the working fluid around the heat exchangers.

If the fridge hasn't been used for some time, the crystal and liquid mix in the working fluid can separate - removing the fridge and inverting for 30 minutes - several times - can remix the chemicals and restore "as new" performance

2. The older model Electrolux fridges needed to be accurately levelled - within 2

Jun 25, 2006
Visit site
Older fridges not working is a fairly common topic on our Eriba Touring forums - dealing with caravans that could be up to 50 years old or a bit newer for the fridge equipped models.

Likely causes, in no particular order:

1. Caravan fridges are adsorption type - and rely on heat (gas or electric) to force the working fluid around the heat exchangers.

If the fridge hasn't been used for some time, the crystal and liquid mix in the working fluid can separate - removing the fridge and inverting for 30 minutes - several times - can remix the chemicals and restore "as new" performance

2. The older model Electrolux fridges needed to be accurately levelled - within 2

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts