Nov 16, 2015
10,736
3,043
40,935
Visit site
Being a forum member that can decifer, , I believethat the caravan should be within 10 degrees from level for the fridge to work properly .
 
Nov 16, 2015
10,736
3,043
40,935
Visit site
Batman, yes, our fridge a dometic, N112, works well small freezer, it will keep everything frozen and will make ice for drinks, so all ok.
 
Nov 11, 2009
20,812
6,485
50,935
Visit site
Batman1957 said:
I may have a faulty fridge here since I’ve just bought it

As said it won’t freeze fresh food but will hold frozen food at a temperature that keeps it frozen. But these aren’t long term freezer storage cabinets. You say it doesn’t work. Is this on elelctric or gas ?
 

Mel

Moderator
Mar 17, 2007
5,462
1,393
25,935
Visit site
Hi Batman, if you put an unfrozen item into the freezer box of the fridge, hitch up the van and tow; it won’t freeze it. However, once you are on site and connected to EHU it should freeze. But you need to remember that compression caravan fridges are not as speedy as the fridge at home.

Mel
 
Jun 17, 2018
50
0
0
Visit site
Crazy as it seem I said to my wife I think the freezer is faulty it’s not cold enough but I put my beer in the freezer on site and the next day the beer was frozen
 
Nov 11, 2009
20,812
6,485
50,935
Visit site
Mel said:
Hi Batman, if you put an unfrozen item into the freezer box of the fridge, hitch up the van and tow; it won’t freeze it. However, once you are on site and connected to EHU it should freeze. But you need to remember that compression caravan fridges are not as speedy as the fridge at home.

Mel

As short term freezer cabinets they are fine but do not operate at the lower temperature achieved by your home freezer. But by their very nature caravan users are unlikely to want to store frozen food for extended periods.
 

Damian

Moderator
Mar 14, 2005
7,510
936
30,935
Visit site
Caravan fridges do need to be as level as possible, within a couple of degrees in each direction to work to their full potential.
When on site and connected to the mains, or working on gas the freezer should be just as good as a home freezer, with most rated with 3 frost symbols which equates to 3 month storage capability, and get down to about -4 degrees in the freezer box and around +2 or 3 in the main compartment.

Quote " But you need to remember that compression caravan fridges"
The normal caravan fridge is not a compression fridge, it is an absorption fridge.
 
Nov 11, 2009
20,812
6,485
50,935
Visit site
Batman1957 said:
Crazy as it seem I said to my wife I think the freezer is faulty it’s not cold enough but I put my beer in the freezer on site and the next day the beer was frozen

Sounds as if it is working then.
 
Nov 11, 2009
20,812
6,485
50,935
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
Caravan fridges do need to be as level as possible, within a couple of degrees in each direction to work to their full potential.
When on site and connected to the mains, or working on gas the freezer should be just as good as a home freezer, with most rated with 3 frost symbols which equates to 3 month storage capability, and get down to about -4 degrees in the freezer box and around +2 or 3 in the main compartment.

Quote " But you need to remember that compression caravan fridges"
The normal caravan fridge is not a compression fridge, it is an absorption fridge.

Home freezers should be -18 deg C or lower.
 

Mel

Moderator
Mar 17, 2007
5,462
1,393
25,935
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
Quote " But you need to remember that compression caravan fridges"
The normal caravan fridge is not a compression fridge, it is an absorption fridge.

Yep, that’s what I meant. :whistle:
Mel
 

Mel

Moderator
Mar 17, 2007
5,462
1,393
25,935
Visit site
otherclive said:
Mel said:
Hi Batman, if you put an unfrozen item into the freezer box of the fridge, hitch up the van and tow; it won’t freeze it. However, once you are on site and connected to EHU it should freeze. But you need to remember that compression caravan fridges are not as speedy as the fridge at home.

Mel

As short term freezer cabinets they are fine but do not operate at the lower temperature achieved by your home freezer. But by their very nature caravan users are unlikely to want to store frozen food for extended periods.

Have to say, our freezer box seems to freeze things into a pretty solid state. But you are right, I wouldn’t keep anything in the caravan freezer box longer than I would keep it in the fridge.
Mel
 
Jun 20, 2005
17,620
3,711
50,935
Visit site
Our Dometic fridge has a removable freezer compartment. If it is not correctly fitted and locked in place it won’t freeze the food.
 
May 24, 2014
3,687
765
20,935
Visit site
Our Dometic fridge has a removable freezer compartment. If it is not correctly fitted and locked in place it won’t freeze the food.

Aye we have one of those daft things. havent used it yet in anger but I will def check its locked in place.
 

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts