Front caravan cover

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I bought a front cover for the caravan last year and what a load of rubbish it is so now it is used to go over the front during the winter with a top cover over the top of the caravan.
I'm now looking to buy something of a lot better quality any suggestions, :)

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
As we don't know which cover you deemed to be of no serviceable use it's a little difficult to advise on that one.

I must admit like the majority of caravaners we don't bother with the front cover for towing. In 45 years, well we'll say 43 years as not much memory before I was 2 years old, we have never encountered any damage to the front when towing. Road dirt can have a quick rinse off on site.

Also of course never covered for the winter as it's used all year.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I think they are useful when you have a full front window and not a front split screen, only paid £94.95 rubbish did not fit properly, but in saying that my mate is still in dispute with I would say a top caravan cover manufacturer because it does not fit the caravan like it should,

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
I bought a Specialized Front Cover about three years ago. I didn't use it during the summer for short journeys in the UK but I did on my extended journey down to the Med in November. It worked well and kept the front of the van remarkably clean, but there were drawbacks. First I found it necessary to arrange lights for the front because the van's sidelights didn't show through. That wasn't too much of a problem because I rigged a couple of LED helmet lamps on the straps. What I didn't like was when I stopped at night, I couldn't see through the front window. When I stopped for two or three days, it was unbearable. Then at journey's end the cover was to remove, pack away and store. When it was time to return home I didn't bother to fit it. I never used it again. In the last three years they have doubled in price and recently I decided to put mine on ebay. I'm almost ashamed to admit that it sold for more than I paid for it... :blush:

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
As I have said in the past I purchased one after driving along a newly resurfaced road and having the front of the van covered in tar which I could not remove and was still on the van when I changed it.
It does cover the original running lights but has clear pockets with battery operated led lights to replace them
We now put the cover on for every journey and arrive in the knowledge that the front is clean and undamaged for about £120 it is worth it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts